[CHAPTER 11]

The Woods

[ ✰ ]

"SCOTT!" Allison called out, watching her breath come out in clouds, fogging up the night air. She should've been scared, but she figured she just couldn't register the emotion after all she'd been through.

She had called Scott's phone minutes ago after he hung up. He picked up the first time, but all she heard was a strangled "I can't breathe, Allison."

She had no idea what to do—her mind was frazzled as she tried to figure out her next steps. Her heart was racing as she thought about her best friend dangling on a dashboard as her life slowly trickled away or of her boyfriend as he struggled to breathe at the thought of losing his other half.

She couldn't face the aftermath at the hospital without Scott, but he was nowhere to be found. She had called and left dozens of frantic voicemails as she ignored her parent's calls. She had even driven past his house, but it was empty considering his sister was dying and his mother was supposed to be working.

There was only one other place she thought to check—the cliff where the two lovers liked to meet secretly. It was their hideaway and shelter from the wrath of Allison's parents. It was secluded and surrounded by acres of woods before revealing the scenic view of Beacon Hills.

Allison figure that that would be where Scott would go if he couldn't face the aftermath as well. He would retreat to a safe place, Allison thought as she trudged through the trees and nearly tripped on several overgrown roots and large rocks.

Her phone was bright as she pointed it in front of her. She tried to ignore the heaviness in her chest and the warm tears flowing down her red cheeks as she stumbled to find something permanent to latch onto as sadness fell in waves around her.

"Scott!" she shouted as she saw him crumpled on the ground; he didn't look up.

He had wrapped his arms around his knees as he buried his head into them. He was shaking uncontrollably as he tried to stop the sobs from escaping his lips.

"Scott!" she whispered softly as she dropped onto the dirt beside him. She ignored the rocks digging into her knees and the cool night air as she wrapped her arms around him and held him tightly.

"Allison—how did you find me?" he choked out as his head shot up. He watched as Allison tried to force a smile on her face.

"I'll always find you," she whispered, "I need you and you need me."

"But Skye needs us."

"I know," Allison said as she took her hands and placed them on Scott's face. She wiped his tears with her thumbs and caressed his face.

"I couldn't stand going to see her," Scott revealed. "I'm scared—what if she's going to die?"

[ ✰ ]

[EDITED] SEPTEMBER 5, 2017

i'm editing again because i'm trying to stay awake. i get out of school at about 11:10 am each day but today i have a club at 2:30 pm so i have to walk back to school on time or else i'll get in trouble for being late. currently, at 12:50 pm, i am desperately trying to stay awake.

also i wrote this like a year ago before i had seen seasons 3-6 of teen wolf and i got shook at what i wrote for allison's dialogue—it's now italicized, but wow, that's such an allison™ thing to say and i'm speechless at my past self for managing to do that.