[CHAPTER 24]

The I.C.U.

"I can't stand this," Allison whispered under her breath, afraid to be heard, but believing adamantly that Skye would hear her. "I'm sorry I wasn't here earlier," I just can't stand seeing you like this.

"You're finally allowed a few more visitors and a lot of people wanted to see you, but I was too afraid to come," she admitted. "But I'm here now."

Allison smiled weakly, desperately trying to pull a brave smile onto her lips, but halfway through, it somehow became a wince. She wanted to be strong — Skye needed strength right now; she needed hope, faith and love, but mostly strength. Someone had to be strong considering how everything was falling apart right now, but Allison had never felt this weak in her life.

She couldn't stand it. Any of it. She couldn't stand waiting for her friend to slowly lose her life. She couldn't stand whispering words of encouragement and hoping for everything to turn out okay. She couldn't stand any of it.

"I'm sorry, Skye," Allison suddenly said out loud. "I have to go. I can't stand this. I really can't. I love you so much — you're practically my sister. But I can't do this. I can't just stand around wishing that you'd stay alive. I have to go."

// 3.2k?? almost 200 votes?? how?? what the heck?? thank you so much for reading and voting on this trash story. i know its slow and boring, and sometimes i don't update regularly, but thank you for supporting it even if the higher the numbers, the more nervous/worried i get writing it. anyways, here's part 1 of a double update (because this was so short). i thought a short allison chapter with a different reaction than everyone else would be interesting..