[CHAPTER 20]

Status

"That kind of news would ruin that family, sir," the attending intern mutters, a frown pulled on her chapped lips. "I think we should stay positive and hope that she will recover."

She's aching to go down the hall, inch into the break room slowly, and pour herself a cup of warm coffee. The thought of it makes her mind imagine her footsteps into the room mingling with a few minutes of peace and a pause from the all the chattery of machinery and suffering.

The doctor before her can't help but nod slightly. He's tired — an 8 hour shift had become a 12 hour shift, but he had quickly downed an energy drink nearly 2 hours ago.

He had seen the carnage of last night's Emergency Room; an occasional colleague of his had sunk to the tiled floor in a fit of screams and sobs when she had received the devastating news that her daughter had gotten into an accident.

It had been a terrible accident as well — the kind that could only bear terrible news.

"But have you considered the possibility that she might not recover or the possibility that if she recovers, she might never be the same?"

// so there's a double update because 1.4k (honestly tho, how???) and i'm writing the next part now because i was like, why not. this chapter is kinda a filler but vote/comment anyways??? it means a lot to me