[CHAPTER 13]

Panic

[ ✰ ]

IT HAD HURT at first, but then it became numb.

At first, the pain had been excruciating as Skye desperately tried to move from her seat. She had nearly doubled over in pain, but the seat belt began to cut into her shoulder and the movement allowed the pain to burst through her body.

She couldn't even tell what hurt the most.

Her fingers tried to stop the blood from gushing from her stomach, but the pooling crimson liquid taunted her. She tried to put pressure on it, but she found that her shaking hands were just covered in her own blood rather than in any sort of calm heroism.

Her head was pounding as she tried to keep her breath steady. Her vision was getting blurrier by the minute and she couldn't pinpoint her thoughts. Her body was fighting a battle she couldn't afford to lose.

She felt her life slowly drain out of her body as she closed her eyes. She let it all flash in front of her eyes in the next few minutes—her brother's face, his kind eyes, his dorky smile, his laugh, his obsession with Allison, their adventures with Stiles, the moments with Stiles as he babbled on about Lydia, Lydia's fashionista moments, meeting Allison and the inside jokes they had, her mom's bright smile and the warmth of her hugs, Isaac Lahey's small smile, his angelic laugh, and all the scenarios she had imagined would one day become true.

It was the thought of Isaac that made Skye realize what she had missed out on. It was the fact that her life had amounted to several close friends, a secret life, and pining after a boy who wouldn't even spare a second glance. It was the infinite possibilities of life that had crossed her mind as the numbness spread through her veins. It was the cold embrace of death that held her accountable to all of her misdeeds.

It was the small wishes and beliefs that crossed her mind as she wished that she had more time. It was the thought I wish Isaac noticed me before it was too late that made her realize that perhaps she had missed out on universes worth of moments.

[ ✰ ]

// vote, comment and validate me pls. or give me constructive criticism. anything really.

[EDITED] SEPTEMBER 5, 2017
lol my old author's note sounds pathetic but i'll leave it anyways