Chapter Three

"Leave me alone, please." I say again. The two agents across from me sighed. We three are in a room of some sort at the police station. There's a table between us. Storm and Marshal on one sighed and me on the other. The chairs we're sitting on are made of wood. The walls have chipped paint and a few cracks here and there. The floor is made of wood and it's glimmering. A few steps away on my left is a big metal door that leads outside to a hall. Behind me is a one way mirror, no doubt people are watching, judging, pitying! 'Don't give a crap, Cynthia. Just don't.' I thought, trying to encourage myself. Do any of you know how hard that is? To have people judge you and not leave you alone?! Some of you do, I'm pretty sure of that. But... what's the good in that? That there's a lesson? Bullshit! Agent Storm sighs and walks out the door. Marshal, however, stayed seated. 'Mind leaving, dumbass?!'

"Aren't you leaving too?" I ask, he gives a small grin but shakes his head 'no'. Sighing in defeat, I lower my head and notice my tears have stopped. 'Thank goodness.' I thought, smiling a bit too. "What was Jane like? Was she single?" ...Did he really ask that? Seriously?! I'm here mourning over her death and this dumbass is asking if she's taken?! Oh, I want to rip his head off his shoulders and shove it up his ass! Oh wait, It's already in there! "Yes, she was single." I mutter sassily, "But if you were to ask her out, I know she would reject you in a heartbeat because she doesn't want an a-hole who doesn't know when he crosses lines!"

Marshal's eye widen in slight shock at my sudden outburst and muttered a sorry. 'Pfft, sorry my ass!' I just realized I'm standing up and my right eye is twitching, a habit I have when I'm upset. At the same moment, Storm walks in with something hidden behind his back. His raises his left brow in confusion. "Uh did I miss something? I heard shouting." I sat back down, allowing my hair to fall and cover my face, "No, you missed nothing." He didn't look like believed me but nodded anyway and dropped the matter. 'Stupid Marshal, stupid deaths, stupid life, stupid Jeff, stu-'

A pair of shoes made their way to my vision. There leather dress shoes, brown, cap-toed. The stitches are hand sewn and are the color of a camouflaged brown. No doubt it's Storm, he knelt down beside me and placed his left hand on my arm, his other was hidden from view. "Can you please look at me, just for a little bit? I have something for you we found at the burnt house." He asked gently. 'Something for me they found? The whole house was burnt down!' I curiously lifted my head to see him pull my favorite item from behind his back. "My guitar!" He grins at my response as my aura lifted slightly. That's right I took it out with me. My hand mindlessly reached out to grab it but he pulled it back. He pulled MY guitar back. The one I bought with MY money. I don't know what happened next but I find myself currently standing in front of the agent who stood up as well with my hands curled in fists so tight, I'm sure I drew blood. My eye was twitching again. Not good.

"Give it back." I say in a desperate whisper. Storm stares back at me with some amusement following that devious grin. "No." He says coldly. 'Well okay then... He's asking for what's coming next.'  I smile a warm fake smile. "As you wish." And instantly, my foot collided with his 'area'. He yelped in pain and was about to fall but I snatched my guitar before he fell. "Oh my god, is the floor okay?!" I yell/asked in fake shock. Marshal burst out laughing, his hand slapping the table as Storm groaned in pain. "You are so going to jail, for this." He said hoarsely trying to stand up. "No she isn't, Stormy and we both know it." Marshal says getting up to help his partner. Storm rolled his eyes and grabbed Marshal's hand and used it to stand.

"I ship it." I say and sit back down after I place the guitar strap over my head. The two agents glance at me weirdly. "What on earth is this 'ship' you're talking about?" Marshal asks as he sat back down. "If you don't know what a ship is, you're too old." I say and take the pick that I taped on the back of the guitar. It grazed the strings causing a small tune to play. "Are you a good player?" Storm asked as his voice is still a bit... raspy. "In my defense, yes." He nodded and began studying (or more like analyzing) my actions. "How long have you been playing the guitar?" Marshal asked. "Seven years by next Wednesday." He grinned like a fool and nodded giving me a small 'congrats'.

"Well since now you aren't as sad as before, will you answer our questions now?" Storm asks. 'So you're voice is back now? Good. I'll be able to kick you some more!' I cursed under my breath and sighed in utter defeat. "Fine." I groan. The two agents smile and begin bombarding me with question after question. I answer each truthfully.... well most of them anyways. After many tiresome questions, they let me rest. I laid back and began playing a small song. "Well since you answered our questions, I'm guessing you get to go home now." And that's when I stopped playing. Home? Where the hell is that now? Mom and Dad are dead, Liu's in the hospital, It's been two days, Jane is dead, and no relatives I know are near. "Ah damn." Marshal cursed, almost like he read my mind. 'Ah damn, indeed.'

Storm just stood up and head for the door again. "And where are you going?" He asked. Storm stopped in front of the door, his right hand placed on the door knob. "Simple." He started. "I'm going to adopt her."