Chapter Four

"Simple. I'm going to adopt her. . ." I swear those words never left my mind. "A-Are you serious?!" Agent Marshal asked, surprise written over every single inch of his face. I am also no different, I bet. I could already feel tears brimming at the edge of my eyes. I tried uttering a few words only to realize my voice box has officially shut down as well as my hell of a mind. . . "What if she tells others once she finds out about the secret?!" The Agent asks again. Wait, secret? Agent Storm turned to face us and there actually was a warm smile on his face. "I know she won't. You can see it in her eyes." He left right after that, probably going to go get and sign papers. I still stared at the now empty place of Agent Storm's place but I felt Agent Marshal's stare directed at me. My mind was numb, I felt nothing at all. 

"Did I hear that right?" I asked very confused and almost quizzical. Marshal sighed and let out a chuckle, like something hopeless was going to happen and he had no control over it and set his eyes on the table. "Yes, yes you did. I can't believe this..." He said. My eyes narrowed at him. 'He can't believe this? Hun, I'm the adopted one!'. I'll ask him later about it. I leaned back in my chair and placed my guitar in a better position for me to play correctly. The pick grazed the strings as I moved it on my own free will. A tune yet again played and I relaxed my anxieties away. Well, most of my anxieties. I am just very... I dunno. Alive? If that word fits how I feel. "So let me get this straight. I am being adopted, there's some kind of secret going around, and Agent Storm is my caretaker. The guy who wanted me in jail for kicking him." I said, trying to collect my thoughts. "Yes, yes, yes, and yes." Marshal said grinning at the last two yes. "Well what about my school? Or all my stuff. The only thing I was able to get was my guitar. I had a laptop with business projects on it and lost data, books, drawings, clothes, all at Jane's house... Now they're bloody gone! Ugh... I hate you Jeffery Alexander Woods!!"

My hands curled around the neck of instrument and I just... "I need to go." I suddenly say, standing up. I need my alone time. "You can't leave. Besides, where will you go?" He stood up and crossed his arms across his chest. "Not only do you need to be by an adult because of Jeff, but you are a suspect yourself!" Marshal's eyes widen in sudden realization at the outburst and waited for me. Time seemed to stop for me. 'I knew it... I bloody knew something would happen!'. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in, this is not happening. This is not happening. "I'm going to the Fitness Gym." I calmly say and head out. Not once did I turn around to meet Marsh's eyes or get my guitar that I have misplaced on the table while in the middle of my blank thoughts. I just needed something to punch. Luckily, the gym has a punching bag. "Can I at least join you?" His voice asked. I didn't answer. I continued walking. 

As I walked through the police station, I got multiple sympathy pats or looks. Oh and don't forget the 'I'm sorry for your loss' or 'I am sorry it turned out this way for you'... I just kept my head down and didn't answer to anything. I reached the doors of the building and walked out. As I was, someone's gaze burned my back. I didn't look, I didn't care, I just kept going. The gym isn't that far actually. It's only a few blocks away which I am thankful for. Thoughts and images clouded my head as I walked away, most of my thoughts were blank and other were some I can't see clearly or remember quite well. Oh well. All my thoughts distracted me and soon, I was in front of the glass doors of the big gym. I pushed open the doors and took a left to the desk. There she was, my other best friend, Winter Ray.

 There she was, my other best friend, Winter Ray

A girl of beauty. Winter's my age with beautiful brown hair and clear grey eyes. She is a really nice person... most of the time. If you injure something special to her or something she holds close to heart, she will rip you to shreds. Winter becomes a whole new person when angered. I wouldn't be surprised if Satan suddenly jumped back in fear. So when she saw me walking towards her, with no workout clothes on and tears brimming my eyes, her once happy aura, darkened tremendously. "Who the hell do I need to shoot? No one is making my child cry!" She roared and pulled out a pistol, fully loaded, and a belt with extra bullets. Luckily, me and her were the only ones in the gym. My eyes widen at the gun and I run to the foot away desk and lower the gun to the floor. "Okay no need to get that mad. It was nothing too big of a deal, I promise." My promise didn't really go through to her but she nodded and put the gun under the desk. Her eyes glared at me in suspicion and waited for me to explain.

I told her everything about what happened starting from the police station. She knows what happened before that since my story reached the news. After I was done, she gave me some clean workout clothes of her own and bandages. I thankfully took them and changed into the black shorts and sports bra. Winter helped with the bandages and walked with me to the punching bag. She went to sit near the jump ropes and I positioned myself in front of the bag. I closed my eyes and imagined Jeff standing in front of me. No, his normal self. And it started... 

'I love you princess...'

Punch

'I will always protect you and Liu...'

Punch Punch

'You're everything to me...'

"Bullsh*t!" Punch

'I will never hurt you...'

"LIES!" Punch

                'I love you, Cynthia...'

'Go to sleep, Cynthia, we'll play together tomorrow!'

Punch Punch Punch

        'Come on Cynthia!'

"Stop it..."

                                 'Cynthia...'

       'Cynthia...'

                           'Cynthia...'

'Cynthia...'

  "CYNTHIA ALEXANDER WOODS!"

I blinked my eyes profusely and looked around. The punching bag is now on the ground and I was straddling it. Two holes were punched in and a few splotches of blood hung around. My own knuckles bled through the bandages and tears were falling down my face. Agent Storm's hands were clasped on my shoulders as he was kneeling in front of me. His eyes showed concern and I broke down even more. I didn't stop myself and I just hugged him. I hugged him so hard and sobbed. He hugged back immediately despite my sweaty body and began shushing me softly, telling me it will be okay. We both new it was all lies, but I was too tired to care, too broken to care. My whole life is crumbling and for what? 

For Jeffy's satisfaction... 

What else do you want to see 'brother'? My sanity breaking?

Well...

You're already seeing it happen...
~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was gonna upload this tomorrow but oh well. An early chapter doesn't harm anyone now does it?

Lol well I'm off to make another chapter soon. Bye!