Chapter 4-First Kiss

Rydel’s POV

            I watched Ratliff as he work on getting our mini shed done. My ankle is still not in good shape and my stomach isn’t making it easy for me to concentrate on cutting these mangoes. “Hey Ratliff?” I whispered holding back my tears.

            “Yes my princess?” he jokingly asked and turned around to face me. My heart skipped a beat when he called me princess but I didn’t show him. “If you can have anyone to be stuck with on this island, would you pick me?” I asked him out of nowhere.

            He stood up and sat beside me. “I wouldn’t pick anyone else,” he answered obviously lying. “I’m serious silly,” I said punching him lightly. “And I’m also serious on that answer,” he smiled wrapping his arm on my waist. “If I can ever be stuck with someone, I’m glad it’s my bestfriend,” he added.

            “What about Kelly then?” I asked again not thinking about the situation. I cursed under my breath once I realized what I just asked and hoped it didn’t ruin the moment. “Let’s just think about the present for now Delly,” he answered putting his head on my shoulder. “I’m sorry I ask,” I said bowing my head and fought back the tears building on my eyes.

            “It okay,” he said wrapping me into one of his best hugs. My heart kept on beating so fast and the pain in my ankle seemed to disappear for a moment when Ratliff hugged me. “We’ll get through this together,” he added pulling back and went back to work. I smiled at him as I finished peeling the last mango.

Ratliff’s POV

            “Breakfast is ready!” Rydel called behind me. I tied the last leaf together and grabbed my shirt. “Here,” she said giving me a bright yellow mango. I took a large bite at the fruit and watched as Rydel do the same.

            “You are a great cook,” I said finishing the mango and helping her up so she can stand.

            “How’s your ankle?” I asked her as she sat down in the shed I made. “It’s not hurting that much now,” she answered touching the sore spot. It looked really bad eventhough she said it was okay.

            “Wait here. I’ll go get some leaves to cover that up,” I said standing up when Rydel held my arm. “Where are you going?” she asked with her voice shaking. “It’ll heal eventually. Don’t leave me,” she begged with tears forming on her eyes. I can’t stand seeing her like this so I gave her a hug.

            “But Delly, it’ll heal faster with something on it,” I said trying to reason out with her. She hugged me tighter which I took as a No.

            “Okay. I won’t leave you. Stop crying,” I smiled pulling back from the hug to see her face. I tore a part of my shirt and wrapped it carefully on her ankle. I glanced every now and then to look at her biting her lips and holding back whimpers.

            “There you go,” I said tying a knot on the torn cloth. “Thanks Ratliff,” she smiled and lift her head to face me. Her hazel eyes sparkled and her blonde hair was still perfect after everything that has happened.

            I stared at her and my hand just automatically grabbed her waist and I pulled her closer to me. Our lips met and were in perfect sync. I felt her hands on the back of my neck and I pulled her in more making the kiss deeper.

            We pulled back at the same time and my head just snapped back to reality. “I’m sorry,” I blurted out trying to hold her hand. She was still shocked by the event that just happened.

            “My first kiss,” she whispered under her breath. “You first kiss? Dan haven’t kissed you?” I asked looking at her. She shook her head and smiled at me. “I hope this doesn’t make anything awkward between us,” I said intertwining our fingers.

            “Don’t worry,” she answered kissing my cheek. “It won’t,”

--

A/N

FINALLY!! Oh my GLOB! I'm so sorry for the SUPER LATE UPDATE guys ;( I'll be posting everyday for 3-5 days to catch up. So no votes and read required for me to update :P