You don't know him

After about ten minutes, I went down stairs to find my grandfather on the couch, talking. At first I thought he was talking to himself but I found another figure on the arm chair beside him.

"Pa? Are you talking to yourself again?" I said with a hint of sarcasm.

"No, the first time I was talking to your grandmother and this time I'm discussing what I walked into last night with your brother." I went into the living room where I found Caleb, sitting on the armchair on the other side of the room.

"So you and Reid huh, why doesn't that surprise me?" Caleb said with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"Caleb please. I-" I started when he cut me off.

"I don't need your excuses. Just don't come crying to me when he cheats on you and throws you out with the trash." He said disgusted.

"He won't. He's not like that." I said in my quiet innocent voice.

"You don't know him like I do Ben, you really don't." He said arrogantly as usual.

"Are you sure it's not the other way around?" I said looking up at him.

"Yes, I'm sure." He said his voice raising.

"What are you getting at Caleb?" I said even though I already knew.

"I'm trying to protect you from someone that's just going to hurt you." He started to calm down.

"He won't, I-" He cut me off once again.

"You what? You know he won't? Honestly you don't know him." He raised his voice again. I heard the door bell, but before I could go Pa got up and went to it.

"I'll get it." He said already half way there.

"Well you don't know Sarah." I said happy that I found something to use against him.

"What's Sarah got to do with this?" He looked at me curiously I just winked at him.

"She'll tell you eventually." I said sneakily. Tyler walked in then 'Thank God'.

"Hey B, you ready to go?" Tyler asked.

"Yes, please let's go." I said as we exited the house and I swore I heard Caleb yelling something but I didn't care.