Drawings

I was always the one who hid in the shadows, who stayed away from the crowds, from people.

Ever since I could remember, it was hard to speak up, to be social.

So I found my way to 'speak' to people. By drawing small pictures and giving them to those I considered to be friends, like Juleka and Rose.

They understood why I drew such pictures, and they kind of thought I was sweet to give them drawings...

*Blush*

Anyway, they were the only friends I made with those drawings, my other peers just gave me weird looks, and Chloe full out said that they were stupid and ugly drawings.

Which stung a lot if I'm honest, considering my art was all I had.

However, Juleka and Rose defended me, and I was grateful to have them as my friends.

I was also grateful for another reason.

They supported the crush I had on Marinette. And although they tease me at times, they thought we would make a uhhh....

...

...

...'cute couple'.

*Blush*

Of course, only if I would speak up and actually have a conversation with her.

Which is really, really difficult for me.

And I have tried to speak with her before, but I would get all tongue tied, and shy, and then close up altogether.

But Marinette never laughed as I sputtered sounds that didn't sound at all like words, instead she just smiled, understanding in her beau-blue eyes.

And then I'd walk away, red faced, with my imaginary tail between my legs.

And then the next day I'd give her a drawing of a hamster, which, apparently is her favorite animal. And she'd always smile, and say thank you in her melodious voice.

Then Juleka and Rose tease me for the rest of the day.

And every once in a while, I'd leave a drawing on her desk, each one different.

And she'd always thank me and say I'd be a great artist in the future, which definitely made me blush and hide my face.

So drawings is the only way I can 'speak' to Marinette, and maybe soon I can gain courage and talk to her, to learn about her.

What she likes and dislikes, all that stuff.

Perhaps one day.