The Project (Part 1)

Summary: Kinda canon. A project is given to the classes of Collège Françoise Dupont, by Gabriel Agreste himself. With their grades on the line, they'll all have to create outfits for Mr. Agreste's fashion show. One group will have it much easier than the rest, Marinette and Nathanael.
--------------------------------------------------

"Good morning class!" Ms. Bustier said loudly, standing at the front of the classroom.

The day was sunny and calm in Paris, quite a rarity lately, due to constant Akuma attacks, that were dealt with Ladybug and Chat Noir.

"Good morning Ms. Bustier!" The students echoed, voices loud and clear.

"Very good. Seems like you all are up today and hopefully ready to learn. But before we begin, there are a few things I must inform you all." She picked up a few papers and her eyes skimmed over a few highlighted words.

The students interest was peaked.

"First, Alya, the principal has approved of your request to have a Ladybug themed party that will be held in two months. You are to speak with him during lunch or after school ends."

"Yes!" Alya cheered loudly, throwing her hands up in the air, with Marinette sitting beside her blushing in embarrassment.

Several students in the class cheered as well, a certain blonde model smiled widely.

Once the class calmed down, Ms. Bustier continued. "Next, there is a track meeting, next Monday, after school, in room 208, for anybody who is interested."

Several eyes glanced to Kim who seemed to grin.

"And one of your peers has had his painting published as a cover for one of France's most famous magazine. Congratulations Nathanael." Ms. Bustier smiled at the artist who beamed and blushed at the same time, as several of his peers gave their praises.

Juleka cheered and Rose stood up and ran over to Juleka's and Nathanael's table, with Ms. Bustier merely shooting her a look.

"That great Nath!" Both of his best friends gave him a hug, furthering his embarrassment.

"It's n-not that great you guys." Nathanael muttered, blushing. Both girls swatted his arm for him being too modest.

"And the last bit of news is very important. I've been informed by the principle about a project, that has been given to the other classes as well, that will be worth quite a lot towards your grade."

Many students groaned.

"Now, I hope you all will be happy with this project, considering I was planning on having you all write a five page essay, this is considerably much more fun and easier."

Many eyes widened slightly at that.

What's easier than a five page essay??

"The project will be done in pairs. And it will be due in three months."

Many of the students shared confused looks. Three months was a lot of time for a project.

"Now onto the project itself. You will all be designing and making clothes for Gabriel Agreste's fashion show, which will be held in four months. There, you will each wear what you have all designed. The grade itself will be given by Mr. Agreste himself." Ms. Bustier said, making many people's eyes widen.

Nino elbowed Adrien, asking,"You knew about this, man?"

"No, Nino, I honestly didn't." Adrien said, lost at the fact that his father would consider showing clothes that teenagers made, at a fashion show. His fashion show.

Although, he thought, Marinette's would be awesome to see.

"Now, most of you will be working with whoever you choose, but I have chosen two people who will be partners. Marinette, Nathanael, you two will be working together."

While disheartened in not being partners with Adrien, Marinette turned and shot Nathanael a smile, who seemed to be trying to hide his red face behind an amused Juleka.

"Well, looks like Marinette's your partner, Nath." Juleka whispered teasingly.

Nathanael blushed deeply, "I-I'm aware."

"This could be your chance Nath." Rose whispered, elbowing him.

"Guys." Nathanael whined, his hair covering the left side of his blushing face. Both girls giggled at his embarrassment.

"You will be given the last period to work on it here in the school, but for the most part, you all will be working with your partner outside of school. In a week, fabric, accessories and anything else you will need, will be delivered here to the school ." Ms. Bustier, setting the top page on her desk, before beginning to work to each of the tables, placing two papers on each, but placing three on the trios table.

Each of the students grabbed one and looked it over.

"Today, I will allow you to find your partners and start thinking of ideas for what clothes you will make, and  what you will need."

Juleka and Rose shared a look.

Kim and Alix shared a look.

And the rest sent looks to somebody, trying to see who would be their partner.

"So, go ahead I suppose." And with that Ms. Bustier went back to her table and began grading some papers

Juleka stood up, along with Rose. "Well, Nath, good luck." Juleka shot him a teasing look. Both girls made their way to an empty table.

Nathanael just sighed.

"So Nathanael, you have any ideas?"

Nathanael nearly fell backwards, as Marinette seemed to have appeared out of nowhere.

"W-well, not really, considering the clothes part, b-but I have an idea of what colors to use." Nathanael said, reaching into his bag and pulling out his sketchbook.

"I see. I actually already have many sketches of different outfits, wanna see them?" Marinette asked, making Nathanael nod.

And with that they began to brainstorm.

------------------------------
Hey guys! Apologies for not updating the other part for lifesaver.

Been sick and stuff, not fun.

But I hope ya liked this one shot, well part 1 anyway.

If any of ya have a request, don't be shy!

Until next time!!

-Rinku