Muscle (Part 2)

Summary: Canon AU. Nathanael and Marinette have been dating for six months, and Nathanael can't help but notice how much more fit Marinette is, and can't help but feel insecure. And so, he tries to build muscle in order to prove that he is worthy of Marinette. It causes some tension and a reveal.

Rin: So I'm not all too familar with building muscle, but I tried!

----------------------

Nathanael was always lanky, ever since he was a toddler. He had long, bony limbs that worried his parents. Despite eating heavy meals three times a day, his weight didn't increase much.

After visiting the doctor once he reached ten years old, they found out just why he was so thin.

Apparently, he had fast metabolism. Very, very fast metabolism.

He was still lanky while going through puberty, and he had been fine with it. He could eat whatever he wanted and never gain weight. But his way of thinking changed a couple of weeks into dating Marinette.

Marinette was amazing, that was something he always thought she was. And apparently, Marinette was also incredibly strong.

How did he find out about her strength? During a rather abrupt sleepover.

It had been a stormy Saturday, with Nathanael hanging out with Marinette at her house, playing video games (Nathanael wasn't even surprised Marinette beat him at every round in Ultimate Mecha Strike III), or just drawing together random scenarios, heck they even tried prank calling, but that failed horrendously.

(...Let's just say Chloe would be paranoid for the next few weeks. (Cough)

Moving on.)

Nathanael had practically spent the whole day at Marinette's house, that her parents invited him for dinner. So he stayed, and they chatted and played some games after dinner.

Playing jenga had been hilarious, especially with Tom, Marinette's dad. Seeing a giant of a man being so careful to remove a small piece of wood from the tower had everyone laughing.

Uno had been so much fun as well, with Nathanael and Marinette's parents ganging up on Marinette. Marinette ended up having half of the entire deck. Marinette forfeited the game after realizing she wasn't going to win.

Monopoly had been practically against Nathanael, who ended up in jail every round, somehow.

They had so much fun until Marinette's parents realized it was midnight. They suggested Nathanael call his parents to tell them he was staying, as it was too late for him to go back home.

Nathanael had called his parents, but they didn't answer, so he just sent each of them a text.

Nathanael had been given some clothes, that apparently belonged to one of Marinette's cousin, who would visit every year. A black long sleeve shirt, and black sweat pants.

Both Nathanael and Marinette changed their clothes, with Marinette now wearing sweatpants and a loose shirt to sleep in.

Nathanael had been ready to sleep on the couch that was in the living room, but he was shocked when Marinette's parents suggested he sleep in Marinette's room.

Both he and Marinette had been red with embarrassment, but went into her room anyway.

Nathanael, being the scared boyfriend, was ready to sleep on the little sofa in Marinette's room, but no, Marinette felt comfortable asking him to sleep in her bed with her.

How could he refuse her?

And now being in her bed, staring up at the ceiling of her room, with Marinette asleep next to him on the left, he couldn't help but wonder.