Needles and Hair

Nathanael was good at drawing. Good at painting, anything artistic.

Who would've thought sowing would be so hard.

Nathanael winced as he pricked the tip of his finger by the needle. Again.

"You okay?" Marinette asked, her hand holding a needle with some red thread.

"Yeah I'm okay, just pricked my finger. Again." Nathanael deadpanned, noticing a drop of blood emerging from the small prick.

Marinette just giggled. "You have to be careful."

"I know, but my hair keeps getting in my eyes." Nathanael muttered, wiping his finger with a napkin, which already had a little blood, from being pricked before.

He grumbled when his orange bangs covered his left eye again.

Marinette inwardly laughed as a pout made its way onto his lips, when he placed his bangs behind his left ear, only to have them fall in front of his face again.

"You could tie your hair back?" Marinette suggested, placing down the items in her hands and stood up from the floor.

"I tried before, but my bangs still fall in front of my eyes." Nathanael placed down the napkin he had in his hands.

Marinette made her way to one of her drawers.

"It gets annoying, but it's useful at times." Nathanael said, referring to when his hair would cover most of his face when he was embarrassed. Definitely useful.

"Maybe you just didn't tie it correctly." Marinette rummaged through the drawer, in search of a hair tie.

Nathanael just shrugged, which went unnoticed by the blunette.

"So, um, you think Juleka will like it?" Nathanael asked gently, referring to the stuffed fox they were working on. For Juleka's birthday.

"She will!" Marinette said cheerily. "It's coming from one of her best friends."

Once she found the hair tie, she made her way back to Nathanael.

"Can you turn around for a second? I could tie your hair."

"Um, ok." Nathanael turned around shakily, his back facing Marinette.

Taking Nathanael's hair into her hands, noticing how soft it was, she made a high ponytail. "There."

Nathanael turned around facing Marinette. "My bangs still fall into my eyes." He noticed.

Marinette pushed back a few bangs behind Nathanael's right ear, who froze.

"I think you look cute."

Nathanael kept blushing for hours.
-------------------------------
I have no words.