T W E L V E » C . E

The weekend flies by, and it's the last week of May. I've been sitting around waiting for the doctor to notify me back about my trial, but it still hasn't come yet. But setting that aside I'm getting ready for a dinner party. Rob and his wife are coming over for dinner tonight with their kids. Indio, his first, is even coming.

All of the Downey children call me Uncle Chris since I've known them for so long I feel my phone vibrate and see it's a message from my doctor.

Darien

Hey, Chris, sorry this is last minute, but I need you to come to a meeting in an hour. All of the doctors who have suggested trials to their patients will be there. There will be like maybe two other people going for the meeting. Can you make it?

An hour? I look at the clock, 5:01. I have dinner with them at seven. But this is news for the trial. When do you ever see Indio? It's about the trial. But we don't know when it's going to be over.

Sure, Darien, I'll be there soon.

I leave Darien's messages and go to Rob's.

Hey, my doctor just sent me a text saying I need to come in for a meeting on the trials. I'll be late probably. Can we move the dinner to 8??

I watch the words seen at 5:03 pop up.

RDJ:

Sure, no problem. What's the meeting?

Not sure yet. Probably talking about how things should go.

RDJ

Oh, okay. Yeah, we can do that.

Okay, thanks.

I lock my phone and grab my keys from the counter. Here goes nothing.