F O U R T E E N » C . E

I walk into the room, and everyone is here. I see a total of six people. I turn my head slightly, and I see him. Why is he here?

I walk over to him. He's staring at the ground, but his sunglasses are covering his eyes. Then I notice the empty seat next to him. Just like the other day, except this time the scenario is different.

"Is this seat taken," I ask.

He tilts his head up. His lips say, "It was the first time.....so I guess it is again."

I can't wait for this trial. I'll be able to know how mystery guy sounds.

"What are you here for," I ask sitting down.

He opens his mouth to say something but a signer steps in front of me. She signs a hello. Great now he'll know I'm deaf.

She begins:

'Hello, gentlemen. I see we have everyone. I see Chris, Jeremy, and Sebastian. Now we want all of you to know what each one has. So please stand up and tell us about yourself. Jeremy you first.'

Looking away from the woman, I see a man with light brown hair done up in a small mohawk, with blue-green eyes, and tan skin stands up. His features are simple-simple jaw set, high cheekbones, and round nose. He opens his mouth, and I look back to the lady.

'I'm Jeremy Renner, and I'm forty-five, divorced and have a daughter. I lost my leg during a trip to Indonesia when I went swimming in water that was contaminated. So I'm here to get a new leg.

Thank you, now Sebastian.'

I feel the guy next to me move. I look at the man I've wanted to know. Sebastian.

I glance back to the signer.

'I'm Sebastian Stan, thirty-three. I'm originally from Romania, but I've lived here in New York for what feels like forever, single, haven't had any kids yet. I was born color blind and when I was three.....I lost my sight completely. So that pretty much means I'm blind.'

I freeze. So that pretty much means I'm blind. That explains so much now. No wonder those beautiful eyes never directly look at me. All this time 'Sebastian' couldn't. But that doesn't mean he's gay.

'Now Chris, you turn.'

I take a deep breath, "I am Chris Evans, thirty-four, and I am deaf...."