02. THE HELLFIRE CLUB

CHAPTER TWO
THE HELLFIRE CLUB

     ROSIE SAT BESIDE RAVEN and Angel on a different chair next to theirs

ROSIE SAT BESIDE RAVEN and Angel on a different chair next to theirs. They were calmly talking, a little awkward — since last time they practically trashed the place — but still enjoying each other's company. Meanwhile, Alex and Darwin were playing games at the back of the room.

"Oh, I didn't know the circus was in town. Hey, come on, honey. Give us a little . . ." An officer motioned to Angel, impersonating her by using his hands as wings, moving it up and down, and making noises with his mouth. Both Rosie and Angel gave him the same bitter look.

"No? Come on, let's see the foot." He said to Hank. "There it is. Come on, Big Foot, let's go." He said once Hank stood up, but to their dismay, he was walking to the curtains. "Hey, hey, come on. Hey!" He said before Hank closed the curtains and sat back down.

     "They're just guys being stupid." Raven said to Angel, in an attempt to make her feel better.

     "Guys being stupid, I can handle, okay? I've handled that my whole life. But I'd rather a bunch of guys stare at me with my clothes off than the way these ones stare at me." She stated.

     "At us."

     For years, Rosie never thought there were so much more to people like her than she knows, some more unfortunate than her. She never thought about how some people weren't as privileged as her, how anyone else had to run and hide, and how there are so many other mutants who could have more significance than her, and how she was lucky enough to have the chance to possibly change how the world sees them.

     She knew that she was odd, that she was different from the others, she was very familiar to bullies. They called her a freak, useless, and a lot more. They treated her differently than how they would treat non-mutants. After she was in the fifth grade, her parents homeschooled her, which was pretty okay since they're both educational.

There was silence, but after a few seconds, a noise was heard from the outside — causing everyone to sit up or stand, alert. It was a booming noise, it was almost as if there was a small earthquake.

"What was that?" Darwin asked.

"Hank, open the curtains." Rosie instructed.

"I don't know. Something doesn't feel right." Darwin walked to were the five of them were. He opened the curtains before Hank did, and everyone was now standing in front of the window.

To their surprise, there was nothing outside. They looked closely, only to see two men in the sky, one looked red, holding the other.

"What is that?" Darwin asked what was in everyone's minds.

The red man in the sky had dropped the other man and disappeared. Raven screamed and covered her mouth as a dead man was dropped right in front of them.