Inadvertently in Love 02

-Recap-

She looked at the unknown girl that was laying like a corpse in my arms and gasped. “What happened?”

“I have no idea! I found her on the border and she was already like this.” I explained it to her.

She nodded at me and told me to bring the unknown girl into the guest room. I quickly did what she told me to do. After that, Lily was handling the rest of the jobs.  I wouldn’t know what to do anyway.

There is only one thing in my mind at the moment. What was actually happened to that unknown girl?

 ***

Chapter 02

“Daddy . . . is she okay?”  Mary-Jane asked me. She brought me out from my deep thought.

“I don’t know, baby. I hope so.” I scooped her up and kissed her cheek.

“Someone is a meanie.” I looked at her in confuse. Where did that come from?

“Meanie?” I asked her.

“Yes, daddy. Bad guy, punched her like that. Bad . . . bad guy!” She nodded as thought she knew what she said and it made me laugh.

I knew this wasn’t an appropriate time. Someone was beaten up pretty badly in there, but I just couldn’t resist my little angel. She really had a way to brighten up my gloomy day. I was actually wasn’t the kind of guy that smiled easily, only the people closed enough to me that could make me smile. Well . . . especially the little girl in front of me.

“Ah . . . I see what you mean, angel.” I kissed her again with a loud slurping voice and it made her giggle loudly.

“I see we are interrupting something here.” I looked up at the guys who stood in front of me. It was Sean and my other brother, Miles. Sean is the easy-going one between us, he loves to smile and laugh at the smallest thing. While Miles is the opposite, he is too serious for his own good. Yes, Miles is more like me.

I raised my eyebrows at them and grinned. “Yes, both of you interrupt my time with my baby.”

“Daddy! I’m not a baby anymore!” Mary-Jane whined at me.

“You are not?” I pretended to ask her.

She tsked me and shook her head. “No, daddy. I’m a big girl now!”

She made all of us laugh, she was so cute. She felt embarrassed and buried her head in my chest.

“Blake, who is the girl?” Sean asked me and Miles nodded too. It seemed like Sean already told him about that girl.

“I have no idea too. We found her like that on the border of our ranch. We will ask her, when she wakes up later.” I explained to them. They nodded at me.

“Uncle Sean, Uncle Miles.” Mary-Jane called them. They looked at her and she continued to talk, “I found her first!” She said that proudly and pointed at her own chest. That earned her another round of laughter. I could only shake my head at her cheekiness.

After that, the door was opened and Lily came out of it. She looked horrible and tired. I rushed to her and asked, “Is she okay?” I didn’t know her, but I felt bad about what happened to her.

“Not too good, I guess. She is beaten up very badly. Whoever did that to her is very cruel.” She shook his head sadly.

“I know. I only see her a little bit and her condition is very serious.” I looked at Lily grimly.