Inadvertently in Love 08

Dedicated to all the readers who keep supporting this story and asking me to upload >.< Thanks a lot, dear! :D

Inadvertently in Love 08

Leah

Living in this ranch was peaceful. I was so grateful with their kindness and acceptance. They took me in when they didn’t have to. I didn’t know how to thank them, so I tried my hardest to repay them by doing the housework, helping Lily, and babysitting Mary-Jane. Maybe more than babysitting, I thought of the girl as my own daughter. She was so pretty, innocent, and clever - everything that a mother would want in their daughter.

But, I was not a fool. I knew that Lily and Mary-Jane trusted me, but Blake wasn’t - yet. Yes, he was polite and grateful with what I did, but he seemed so . . . distant. But I couldn’t blame him though; after all I was an unknown woman. I didn’t even remember my past. However, why did I feel like this? I felt sad when I thought that he didn’t like me, and yet I felt nothing when the others didn’t like me. I sighed to myself. A lot of things were jumbling in my mind.

I really wanted to know who I was. What did I do? Was I good or bad? Did I have any family? Were they looking for me at this moment? My amnesia started getting to me lately. I felt lost. I didn’t know what to do and it was like I had no rock in life. I had no background. Nothing at all! A part of me was missing and without knowing my past it has gotten worse lately.

Each time I wanted to remember about my past, everything seemed to go blank. I couldn’t imagine a thing, but I did only feel one dominant thing - scared. Each time I tried, I shivered. I didn’t know what happened, but I had a feeling that it was bad. I was pretty sure of it. I wanted to know my past, and yet at the same time I always thought, was it worth it? Was it any good to remember my past? Would I lose this new life when I remembered? I didn’t want to. I loved this new life so much.

I felt safe here, but still . . . I felt like this was a dream, a lie in which I could wake up any moments. After all the thinking, my mind kept faltering back to Blake. There was something about him that intriguing me. He seemed to lift a heavy baggage on his shoulder. I knew that he was happy with his life and family, but I could see the sadness lurking behind his eyes, enchanting me.

Frowning to myself, I felt confused. Why would I care if he was somehow sad? Was my past actually affecting my judgement even though I still remembered nothing? I accidentally heard about his little exchange with Lily in the kitchen and it touched my heart. I didn’t know what happened to their past, but I knew for a fact that Lily wasn’t his real mother. They were nothing alike. Despite of that, I could see that their love was real and mutual. It was . . . pure. I envied them and at the same time admired them.

“What are you thinking about?” I jumped at the sound of Lily’s voice. She startled me, snapping me out of my thought.

I looked at her and smile sheepishly, “Sorry. I don’t realize that you are here. I just have a lot in my mind.”

She rolled her eyes playfully and smiled. “With the way you creased your brow, I know that you are deep in thought. Care to share what is it about?”