Inadvertently in Love 03

Guys, before you started reading, I want to make an announcement ^^ My short story, "A Letter To God" has made it through the second round of Watty Award 2011. I would really appreciate it, if you keep supporting me by voting on it ^^ (If you really like the story, of course! XD)

If you want to vote, just go to the watty awards page (the button is up there on the black thingy, beside clubs), choose short story category, then vote for my story!

I really appreciate your helps hehee thanks!

***

Inadvertently in Love

-Recap-

It was like she could hear me, because she started to squirm for a little bit. I stood up and quickly went to her. Mary-Jane followed me and jumped on the bed. She looked at the girl excitedly.

“Daddy, she’s wakey wakey.” She whispered at me.

“I know, baby.” I whispered back.

The unknown girl’s eyes started to flutter and she opened it slowly. She was going to wake up anytime soon!

***

Chapter 03

Both of us was hovering above her, but then I realized it could be a man that did this to her. Would she freak out because of me, when she opened her eyes and saw me first? I tried to think from her perspective, and it would be better if she didn’t see me first. So, I decided to step back. It was better that when she opened her eyes, she saw Mary-Jane first.

She blinked for a little while and opened her eyes. The color of her eyes was unique lavender. I couldn’t tear away my gaze, because they were so beautiful. She hadn’t seen me though. She looked straight at Mary-Jane and said, “Am I die and seeing an angel?”

What she said made Mary-Jane giggled and looked at me, “Daddy, she said I look like an angel!”

“I know, baby.” I grinned at her happy expression. When she said that, I tried to hold back my laughter to save her from her embarrassment later. I could see her gaze at me, when I started talking.

I looked back at the unknown girl who laid down on the bed, and she looked at me with intense eyes. I think she was trying to judge me, whether I was dangerous or not. From her calculating eyes, I knew that she was a smart girl. I expected her to jump or yell at me, because she felt scared. But, she just looked at me calmly.

Clearing my throat, I asked her carefully, “Are you okay?”

She seemed surprise with my outburst, but nodded nonetheless. “Who . . .“ When she said that, her voice croaked and she coughed. I bet her throat was dry, it made her having difficulty to talk.

“Let me give you a glass of water first.” She nodded and I poured the water from the pitcher into a glass, then gave it to her. She drank in a few gulps and gave me the glass back.

“Thank you.” She said politely.

“You’re welcome.”

Mary-Jane looked at the two of us and she grinned naughtily. I knew she had something mischievous in mind, but I just didn’t know what. So, I just ignored it for now. I would deal with her later, this unknown girl was more important. I had no idea who this girl was, and whether she was dangerous or not.

She looked around and scrutinized the room. I cleared my throat and asked her in a curious tone, “Who are you?”

“Well . . . I don’t remember. It’s like my mind is hazy. I . . . What happened to me?” She asked me.  Damn! She lost her memory? Did she really lose it or afraid of her safety?