Inadvertently in Love 04

-Recap-

I went to Mary-Jane and kissed her cheek. Then, I looked at Leah, “Please just rest and enjoy the company of my daughter. I will call the doctor later.” She nodded and mouthed thank you. I shook my head to tell her that it was okay and went out of the room. I found Lily at her kitchen and told her the good news. She was happy that Leah has already woken up and quickly prepared Leah’s meal. I told her to keep an eye at Mary-Jane and Leah. She knew the wariness that I felt and the reason why I was afraid of something could happen to my angel.

She was taken from me once and that was enough.

Going back to my duty, my mind kept drifting back to Leah. Who was she? Should I trust her? And a lot of others unanswered questions. Only time would tell the answer, I just had to wait and see.

***

Chapter 04

“Doc, how is she?”

It’s been a few days since we found her. She claimed that she already got better, but I insisted to call the doctor to check her up. I didn’t want something to go wrong, because it would make Mary-Jane sad. They got along very well and pretty close nowadays. I rarely saw her leave Leah’s side.

“She’s getting better, but she needs a rest for a few more days. And you can call me Thomas.” The doctor explained to me. Dr. Thomas was an old man with graying hair, but he had a great ability in his profession. He used to be my late father’s best friend; that was why I believed in him. I called him, after doing my morning duties. Like I predicted, he got here as fast as he could.

“How about her amnesia? Is it true or -?” I didn’t want to imply anything, but he seemed to understand what I meant. This was an unusual case, but still possible.

“I think she doesn’t fake it, because when I checked her head, I felt a big bump. It was pretty bad and ugly. She could have fallen and knocked her head. That might be the reason.” He said bluntly and I could see the truth from his eyes.

“How long does it usually last?”

“I honestly can’t predict it. Some only needed a few months, but the others needed years or longer than that. We can only hope for the best, but looking at her previous conditions, I think it’s a bad memory. So, I don’t know whether to remember the past is a good idea or not for her.” The doctor shook his head and I knew that he pitied her.

I nodded my head and showed him my gratitude, “Thank you, Thomas. I’m sorry for taking your time.”

“No problem, Blake. You are like a son to me. Of course I will help you.”

“I know.” Yes, he thought of me as his own son, because he was my Godfather. But we were actually like a stranger, except when I needed his helps or he needed mine. Both of us weren’t good with words; I wasn’t a social person, neither did him. Still, we are in a good relationship. We will always be there for each other. It seemed like a weird relationship, but that was the truth.

Escorting him to the front door, I tried to comprehend what he said. A lot of possibilities ran through my mind. I didn’t even realize when we arrived at the front door, until Thomas cleared his throat. I smiled sheepishly at him and he just shook his head. After saying bye politely, he went back to his practice.

I sighed to myself. It was better, if I let her stay here. Where else could she go? But, I should talk about this with my brothers first. I didn’t want to make a decision without their agreement, even though I knew that they would say yes. I looked at the time and it happened to be lunch time, usually they would go home in a minute.