Loving him at 17

This chapter is dedicated to @ayomideaa

"But if I fall for you I'll never recover, if I fall for you I'll never be thesame." - Maroon 5 (Love somebody 🎶)

I twirled my pen around as I listened to the drumming of the rain on the window sill. I turned to look at Liz who was busy with her phone, and by the way she played with her hair I guessed that she was talking to some boy.

Liz and I had been friends for as long as I could remember, along with Deb and Jim; who usually sat together in front of the class (Liz and I loved the back seat).

In our little group; Liz Baxter was the mean one, she was blonde with blue eyes, nice enough sometimes especially when it comes to boys but she just had a knack for stating the facts.
Debbie Jackson was the lover, she had chocolate colored skin like me and dark black hair; she always had a crush on one guy or the other and to get over them she believed shopping was her only cure.
Then Jim Farrell was the joker, he had dirty blonde hair and green eyes and was usually up to no good. He always had a silly theory at the tip of his tongue but he was the best guy best friend any girl could ask for.
And finally there was me, Emma Reeds, the chocolate brunette as Jim often called me; I was the dramatic one who was sometimes sarcastic but still the most sane out of us four.

"Attention students!" Mrs Greene shrieked as she walked through the door ruining my train of thought. She looked happier than usual which wasn't exactly encouraging.

"We're having a pop quiz!" She said with glee as a series of groans filled the classroom. Liz looked up from her phone and at me, the only thing we both hated more than anything were surprises. Believe or not it was true, surprise parties were just below surprise tests all equally annoying. Especially when its a maths pop quiz!

Deb looked back and bit her lip while Jim just smiled and winked. I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Did you read?" Liz whispered at me.

I shook my head "We're screwed!"

Papers were passed around and the quiz begun. Luckily I knew a bit of what came out. After the most frustrating 30 minutes of my life Mrs Greene asked for the scripts to be sent forward. With a few minutes to spare Liz decided to give me the latest gist on Deb's new beau for the week.

The bell finally went off "Lunch time!" I sighed. Jim and Deb came to meet us. Jim was grinning from ear to ear probably because he was going to ace the test. He always does. Liz looked at him and scowled.

"Don't look so jovial!"

"Why, does my joy irritate you?" Jim said as he put his arm around her.

"Yeah it does!" she said punching him. I laughed at them and hurried to pack my things.

"Miss Reeds, wait behind!" So much for getting out of here in time. I promised to meet them at the cafeteria while I waited for the class to file out then I approached her desk.

"Mrs Greene?" I questioned wondering what I did this time.

"Oh yes, I was wondering why your assignment wasn't on my desk?"

Crap, yesterday's assignment! I scratched my head and looked at her wondering if she would enjoy the actual story.

"I'm waiting!"

I sighed and looked at her, "Mrs Greene" I said with a straight face , "my dog ate my homework"

She looked at me as though I was crazy and gave a sigh, "Seriously?"

"Cross my heart ma'am"

"The fact that your excuses are this pathetic is insulting" she started to rub her temples "its like youre not even trying"

"But I'm serious Happy ate it cuz I put it on the bacon, you can ask. . ."

"Please no more" she said in defeat. All of sudden there was a soft chuckle by the door. And that's when I saw him.

He was smiling so his dimples were revealed which made him look ten times more attractive. His dark brown eyes seemed to dance as though he was up to some mischief.
As he used his fingers to comb through his amazing jet black hair I noticed his biceps(he wasn't that buff but still. . .) he was wearing a kinda fitted black T-shirt so things like that were noticeable.

"Sorry Mrs Greene, but I was sent to give you this" he walked forward handed her a folder. Dear God! His voice even made Mrs Greene's name sound nice. What will my name sound like coming from that voice? I wondered.

"Of course" She said collecting the folder "thank you". He nodded and stepped back tossing a smile at me and walked out of the class. I swallowed and shook my head to get out of the daze.

"Ah Miss Reeds back to you" oh right, I was still in trouble. What were we even talking about? I think I said something about a dog.

Mrs Greene rolled her eyes at me "Since I'm in a good mood today I'll let you off the hook"

"Oh thank you!" I squealed because I had totally forgotten what we were talking about.

"But. . ." she added, of course there would be a but.

"If your dog doesn't cough up your homework before 8:15 tomorrow, I will not hesitate to fail you!"

"Thank you!" I grinned as I dashed out of the class. She had already taken 15 minutes out of my lunch time.

As I headed to the cafeteria, the mystery boy popped back into my head. Has he always been in this school? If so, how come I've never seen him? I mean it had to be against the law for someone to be that good looking!

One thing was for sure I had to find him, whoever he was. I needed to know.