A Crack In The Gem

It's been about two weeks since Ruby was rescued from Jasper's wrath. Sapphire still hadn't come out of her gem and Ruby still mumbled Sapphire's name in her sleep. Amethyst and Pearl were arguing on what to do next. They had depended on Garnet for so long that they couldn't work out what to do next without her. Then there was a shimmer in Sapphire's gem and Sapphire's physical form appeared.
"Sapphire!" They yelled in unison, running up to her and hugging her.
"How's Ruby?" Sapphire ask, extremely concerned.
"Well, she's alive, but she's been asleep for as long as you were gone." Pearl said. Sapphire walked up to Ruby, who was on laying asleep on the couch. She touched Ruby's hand and sighed.
"She'll be alright... But, at what cost?" Sapphire thought.
"I'm going to bring her to our room to try and get her some more rest." Sapphire said. Then Steven walked into the house. He immediately ran and hugged Sapphire.
"Sapphire!!" He yelled.
"Hello, Steven."
"Is Ruby going to be alright?" Steven asked.
"That's what we're trying to figure out." Sapphire said calmly.
"Oh." Steven said, looking down at his shoes. "Don't worry. She'll be better soon." Sapphire said.
"Hopefully." She mumbled. Sapphire took Ruby to their room and laid her on the giant, Garnet-sized bed.
"S-Sapphire..." Ruby groaned.
"Ruby, I'm here!" Sapphire said, hoping Ruby was waking up. Sadly, it was just the groan that Ruby did in her sleep ever since that day. Well, technically she never went to sleep before so yeah. Sapphire sighed. She had gotten her hopes up so high. She sat down and meditated, creating a swirl of cold snow and ice around her as she saw into the future, but she couldn't. Ruby was on her mind so much that she couldn't see clearly. She was worried for Ruby so much that she couldn't concentrate. Then Ruby started groaning more and more. Ruby jumped out of the bed. Sapphire looked over to see Ruby awake and hyper.
"Ruby!" She yelled with joy and immediately kissed her more than a dozen times. Ruby looked scared though.
"Ruby, are you alright?" Sapphire asked.
"W-where are we? Shouldn't we be on home world?" Ruby stuttered.
"What? Home world?" Sapphire asked, wondering why Ruby would say such a thing. "You-you're a rebel!" Ruby said, clenching her fists. Sapphire just stared. Ruby summoned her gauntlets.
"Ruby, I don't want to hurt you." Sapphire said. Ruby was confused by this. Ruby lunged at Sapphire but Sapphire knew what she was going to do before she attacked so she was able to dodge Ruby's attack.
"Ruby, please stop." Sapphire said. Ruby's started calming down.
"I'm getting to her." Sapphire thought. Ruby swung her left hand at Sapphire weakly, Sapphire dodged it.
"Ruby, remember who you are." Sapphire pleaded. Ruby's weapons disappeared and she shook her head awake. Ruby squinted. "Sapphire?" She asked. Sapphire smiled widely and jumped into Ruby's arms.
"Ow!" Ruby said quietly, trying to not alert Sapphire.
"Is something wrong?" Sapphire asked. Ruby immediately moved her gemmed hand behind her back.
"Nope! Nothing!" She said as she ran out of the room but immediately caught by Steven. "Ruby!" He yelled, running up to her and hugging her.
"Stay here, I'm gonna tell everyone you woke up!" Steven said, dashing out of the room.
"Wait! No no no! Wait...." It was too late for Ruby to stop Steven. The last thing she needed was to have more people to hide her gem from. Ruby immediately bolted out of the house and hide.
"Nononono..." Ruby said, looking at her cracked gem. Then Ruby started hallucinating. Her left hand looked like her right hand and her right hand looked like her left hand. "Ruby?" Someone said. It was a blue blurred figure.
"Who are you?" She asked.
"Ruby, it's me. Sapphire." The blue figure said. Ruby's vision blurred even more. It blurred so much that Ruby couldn't tell the difference between colors and size. Somehow, Sapphire's form ended up looking like Jasper.
"Nice try, Jasper." Ruby said, readying her fists. Despite the soft, sweet voice, Ruby still thought it was Jasper.
"You're gonna pay for what you did to us." Ruby shouted furiously and lunged a sharp punch at her. Sapphire blocked the attack with a wall of frost that Sapphire created out of fear. Sapphire super sped in front of Ruby and grabbed her head. She kissed Ruby right on the lips. Ruby blinked a few times. Her vision was still messed up but she noticed the way Sapphire kissed her. It really was her. Ruby picked her up bridal style and spun her around. Sapphire was laughing with joy. When Ruby put her down, Sapphire started to cry. Ruby couldn't see her crying but could sort of hear and feel the tears falling from her eye.
"What's wrong?" Ruby asked.
"Nothing, it's just... I thought I lost you.......... And I still can." Sapphire said.
"Don't worry, you'll never loose me." Ruby swooned.
"How can you be sure?" Sapphire asked. Ruby pulled some strands of hair away from Sapphire's eye which was filled with wet salty tears. Despite not remembering every detail on how they met or where she was and why, she felt a spark of a small memory. Ruby smiled as gentle as she could and said,
"Because I am an eternal flame... Baby."