Ruby, I Know You're In There

A loud growl grew as Ruby changed forms. Ruby, was no longer Ruby. Ruby swung her left fist at Sapphire as her eyes blazed with fury. Amethyst and Pearl heard the commotion and ran into Ruby and Sapphire's room.
"Oh my, what happened here!" Pearl asked in utter terror.
Amethyst immediately swung her whips around Ruby's wrists. It pulled Ruby's arms back a bit but then Ruby tugged Amethyst forward and... Let's just say Amethyst didn't have a good time. Crash! Amethyst smacked right into the wall unconscious, but without any major injuries luckily. Pearl took out her spear and helped Amethyst up.
"No! Don't hurt her! Maybe I can talk to her." Steven said. It failed and Sapphire had to bring Steven away. Sapphire held her hand up to Pearl to wait.
Pearl lowered her spear but stayed on guard.
"I knew we should've taken her to the fountain right when she started acting strange.... Maybe it's not too late." Sapphire thought.
Sapphire started singing to her, hoping Ruby would remember who she was and fight her way out of insanity. Ruby stopped growling for a moment.
"Guys, we need to lure Ruby into Rose's fountain." Sapphire said to Pearl and Amethyst. They both nodded. Ruby tried to fight it. She was seeing everything she was doing. She couldn't stop it. She had no control. Then inside Ruby's mind, a dark, shadowy version of her, with dark Crimson eyes. The shadow summoned her gauntlets, which were black with cracked purple stars on it. Ruby summoned her own.
"Who are you?" Ruby asked.
"Gems call me, Corruption. There are many me's. All in the same form as the gem that has been corrupted. Most don't make it out of their corrupted state and become lost in the dark life placed on them for all of eternity as they watch everything they know and love disappear right in front of them. I intend to keep it that way."
"Why me?" Ruby asked.
"Your gem is broken. That's where I come in. The capsule, or, gem, you have keeps me in. You're one half of you. I'm the other." Corruption said.
"You're nothing like me. You aren't me!" Ruby shouted.
"That is true. I am only half. But once I defeat all of your spirit, I will be you. The real Ruby." Corruption cackled.
"Your friends, your family. You will watch helplessly as YOU destroy them with your bare hands. It will be all your fault. You will soon loose hope. Your life will shatter into pieces. Face it, Ruby, you're all alone." Corruption said. Then Ruby heard something. It was beautiful. She could recognize it. It was singing. "Sapphire." Ruby whispered to herself.
"You're wrong. I'm not alone." Ruby said.
"Oh, come on, Ruby. Get real. Nobody cares about you. I'm just doing what's best for you. Even your lover didn't care about your personal connection. Fusion. She didn't care if Pearl betrayed you guys. She was completely fine. She doesn't know you. (Fun fact: In Keystone Motel, Ruby literally says, "you don't know me!" In the world's greatest diner while Greg is convincing Steven to save the food and bag it to go.) I do." Corruption persuaded. Ruby sighed. She thought about it. Ruby then snapped out of it.
"No! She does care about me! I know it!" Ruby said, charging at Corruption. She started battling the Corruption.

Corrupted Ruby stood there for a few minutes. Completely still like a statue. As hard as a rock (srry lol.)
"Ruby?" Sapphire asked, waving her hand in front of Ruby. Ruby immediately snapped out of it and started shrinking back to her normal form and size. Ruby laid face flat on the floor as she fell down. Ruby groaned. Her gem was cracking a little more. Everyone gasped and ran to help Ruby up. Ruby was unconscious and tired.
"Quick! Before she wakes up! To Rose's fountain!" Sapphire said, grabbing Ruby and speeding to Rose's fountain with no time to waste.

Sapphire gently dipped Ruby's hand (with only the gem) into the water. Ruby started to wake up.
"S-Sapphire?" Ruby groaned. Sapphire immediately crushed Ruby in a big soft hug.
"Whoa, careful Sapph, I don't wanna get poofed." Ruby joked. Sapphire smiled.

During the night, Ruby went into her room along with Sapphire. Voices started appearing in Ruby's head.
"You have no one. You have been betrayed. Fight them. Kill them. They are not, will not, and never were your allies." The voice said.
Ruby tried to shrug it off.