If I'll ever be back home

So tomorrow is my flight to the Big Apple and my family decided to throw a farewell party for me. All my close relatives dropped by. My aunts, uncles and cousins. To my surprise, my paternal grandparents were here too. I adored them so much and they did the same towards me. There was once my grandma even told me I was her favourite granddaughter which still makes me feel so special. The party was going on well, as the young ones were on the dance floor and the adults were sipping on their wine and enjoying their family talks. I just stared at everything happening around me, I wonder when I'll be back home. 'If' I'll ever be back home. I don't prefer calling it pessimism but I just believe in the fact that anything can happen anytime. As I was buried under my own thoughts, my eyes shifted to my parents. They looked so happy and pleasant, unlike how they look around their business clients. Hmmm, if only I had a normal life where my parents would have enough time to spend with Louis and I.

I then spotted Louis walking towards me. I was sitting on the bench beside my lilies all on my own. Just the lilies and me. He sat next to me and drew me closer to him. He's the best brother a girl can ever ask for, I told myself.

"Lucy, I want you to know that I will always be with you no matter what. No matter how far we are apart from each other. Remember, you can always count on me."

I remembered those times when I was in the boarding school, my parents never had time to call me. Whenever there was a problem in school, Louis would always be there for me to talk to. I could share anything with him, and it's just so comfortable talking to him.

"I love you Louis. You are the best brother anyone can ask for."

"I love you too Lucy. Make sure you stay safe. Explore, but stay safe at the same time. Anyone troubles you, you let me know, I'll catch up the next flight and fly over to wherever you are right away. And......."

Blah blah blah he went on but I took everything he said to my heart. I didn't miss a single word he spoke.
We both sat in silence for sometime.

Then Louis spoke," You do realise the party is for you right. Now stop being so sober, get your ass off that bench and come with me."

Then I found myself being surrounded by my aunts and uncles, all giving their piece of advices. When they were done, I turned around to see some of my cousins in the pool. And Louis and Mark, my cousin who is as old as Louis, walk towards me. They grabbed my hand and Uh Oh!!!
They swung me and then I go flying into the pool.

"MOUIS!!! I mean! LARK!!!" Oh shit, There I go fumbling with names.Ughhh!!!

Everybody starts laughing and I join them! It was such a hearty laughter! I don't know when would be the next time I'll have a hearty laughter.  All I could feel now was the love I had for my family.