Ralph Fiennes- Infatuation

*****A Ralph Fiennes One-Shot*****

~Summary: Katie has a little secret-she's been crushing on the older brother of an old childhood  friend of hers for quite some time. But the years passed, and they each got their own lives. That is, right up until the point where everything changes at the birthday party of said childhood friend. Will Kate deny herself this  chance to set the record straight? Or will she go and gamble everything in the hopes of maybe getting what she's always wanted?~

Is there such a thing as Karma?

There had to be.

At least that's what I was trying to tell myself as I looked around, watching the people around me. The party was buzzing, the house filled with the music blasting through the stereo and the sound of chatter and laughs filling the air. There were several dozen people there, and all of them seemed to be occupied dancing, mulling around or clustered in groups immersed in conversation.

Everyone but me.

I felt extremely uncomfortable in my silver sequin dress that was indecently short as well as the five inch silver colored stilettos with straps that wound around my ankles, not even sure why I choose to wear the dress in the first place. Perhaps it was the fact that my best friend had threatened to key my car if I didn't wear it, or maybe it was just a sudden flair of rebellion acting up.

All with all, it wasn't my best night.

Having just broken up with my boyfriend for over six months I felt like doing something stupid. Lame I know, But I felt like just letting go of all my worries and insecurities for one night and just having fun instead of being my over-thinking and over-analyzing self.

Which was proving to be Mission Impossible.

Standing next to the dancefloor I was grabbing another glass of what proved to be Gin and Tonic from the table placed against the far side of the wall, watching as people grinded against each other, obviously enjoying themselves immensely.

Ah, the things we do for our friends.

Joseph had been one of my closes friends since childhood, and ever since he had his breakthrough in the acting world I'd seen less and less of him, to my dismay. We still called regularly though, and I made a point of it to always be there when he was in town.

I was also on pretty good terms with his twin, Jake, and we grew up playing house and digging for lizards in the backyard together. Weird hobby for a twelve-year-old girl, I know, but then again I'd always been quirky. The fact that the Fiennes family moved around a lot didn't exactly make things easier for our friendship to develop, but my father was raising me alone after my mother's death from cancer when I was only six, so we also tended to move around a lot. So, we moved, we grew up, but we never really grew apart. We ran into eachother, found ourselves again whenever we met, and managed to stay in touch despite our turbulent childhoods.