David Tennant- It's Always the Quiet Ones Pt.1

*****A David Tennant Short Story*****

~Summary: Morgan Hayes is your average college student. Smart, pretty, innocent.....and your run-off-the-mill insomniac. When a regular at the 24-hour Diner she frequents catches her eye, something is bound to happen. What will occur when the intelligent young woman meets the brilliant handsome actor? As sparks fly Morgan will have to watch her words as a white lie turns into something big, and the deceit that follows could have major consequences not only to her schooling, but also to the man's acting career. After all, David Tennant isn't just anybody. He is after all the one and only (tenth) Doctor Who.~

Morgan noticed him the first time he walked through the battered doors of the cafe

Morgan noticed him the first time he walked through the battered doors of the cafe. There was something startlingly familiar about him, something she recognized.

He was wearing a long raincoat in a light shade of brown, dark trousers peeking underneath it with matching leather loafers that were splattered with rainwater. A matching hat rested atop dark tresses that were trimmed in a wayward fashion, long sideburns and a five-o-clock shadow dusted across an angular jaw. The weather outside was dark and gloomy, and at the prime hour of 6:15 in the morning Morgan was the first and only customer of what she'd come to consider as her local hideout.

From where she was sitting she couldn't see the stranger's face, but something about the way he poised his body, something about his silhouette, tugged at her memory, like the faintest recollection she couldn't quite place. Watching the man approach the counter waiting for Melinda, the waitress, to make her appearance, Morgan blinked a few times, trying to shake off the last remnants of what had proven to be another sleepless night.

This was the only cafe that was open at all times, and her insomnia had made it rather difficult to find a place where she could spent her time without feeling like an unwarranted visitor. It had become customary for Morgan to come in in the wee hours of the morning, at around 5:30, when sleep eluded her once again. She was extremely grateful for the nearby campus pool, which made the place a regular hangout for swimmers, who were known to keep crazy schedules with all their early morning training sessions and late night workouts. Yet often she found herself alone at the quiet and cozy cafe.

She didn't hear him speak, but once Melinda had scurried out from the kitchen and taken his order, the pretty blonde waitress wasted no time in ogling the man. If her beaming smile and the way she cocked her hip to show off her narrow waist and ample bosom was anything to go by, he must have been quite attractive. Morgan snorted dismissively, shaking her head and returning to her books.

Being one of the only girls in the Criminology class she was taking made for quite an academic challenge, so Morgan liked to keep up to date on her notes and work ahead on assignments whenever possible. So she always carried her battered leather satchel. The structured handbag was stuffed with notebooks, paperwork, and textbooks. Luckily all of it fit into the bag, which was quite heavy. Studying Forensics at Edinburgh University was proving to be quite the challenge, specially since she was an exchange student, and an American one at that! Besides Criminology she had classes in Physiology & Anatomy, Cell-biology, Forensic Toxicology and a bunch of other subjects whose names were too damn complicated to pronounce anyways.