Chapter 10 Jet

We've been in a forest for a while now. I guess that it's been a few weeks. Aang was playing with Momo in a clearing a little farther way. A few weeks ago, I told Katara and Sokka about me being what I am, the Guardian.

That I protect Aang and that I've been gifted with the four elements as well. They believed me, thankfully, because of the fact that they saw me and Aang both waterbend.

"Have you guys seen Momo?" I heard Aang's voice from behind me.

His yowling came from a little farther away.

Aang airbended up to the cage up in the trees.

As soon as Aang got back to the ground and Momo was free, the other animals inside of the cages started to cry out as well.

"We don't have time for this." Sokka said as he threw his boomerang into the trees and cut the ropes off of the cages. The animals dropped to the ground and ran away as soon as we opened the doors.

"These are Fire nation traps, you can tell from the metalwork. We'd better pack up camp, and get moving." Sokka reasoned. We packed up our stuff, and started to load it into the saddle. "No flying this time." Sokka told us.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"Think about it. Somehow Prince Zuko and the Fire Nation Keep finding us. It's because they spot Appa, he's too noticeable."

"What! Appa's not too noticeable!" Katara shouted with him.

"Um, Sokka's right. Appa is a huge animal that flies, anyone can probably spot us." I agreed with Sokka on that point. "But I don't agree with the fact that we are going to walk the entire way. That would take too long."

"I know you all want to fly, but my instincts tell me we should play it safe and walk."

"Who made you the boss?" Katara argued with her brother.

"I'm not the boss, I'm the leader."

"You're the leader? But your voice still cracks."

"I'm the oldest, and I'm a warrior, so I'm the leader!" He tried speaking in a deeper voice at the end.

"If anyone's the leader, it's Aang. I mean, he's the Avatar. Or even Addi, she's the one who protects Aang."

"Are you kidding? He's a goofy kid." These two really like to argue.

"If you two would stop your sibling banter, we need to get going."

"We can try walking, who knows, it might be fun." Aang said.

"Walking is not fun." Aang complain about five minutes later. "How do people get around without a bison?"

"I don't know Aang, why don't you ask Sokka's Instincts, they seem to know everything."

"Very funny." Sokka looked over at his sister with an annoyed look.

"I'm tired of carrying this pack." He said

"You know who you should ask to carry it? Sokka's instincts!"

"Okay! I get it. Look guys, I'm tired too, but the important thing is that we're safe from the Fire Nation-"

In front of us, was a Fire Nation Army's Camp.

"If you let us pass, we promise that we won't hurt you."

"What are you doing?" Katara and I asked at the same time.

"Bluffing." He replied. The army then started to come towards us.

"You? Promise not to hurt us?" The captain was almost laughing at us. Then he looked surprised and collapses onto the ground.