Three

Everyday this week you’d come in to find a chocolate bar on your desk. And everyday you broke it into tiny little pieces and ate them slowly, one by one whilst reading whatever “sexy” book you could find in your local book store, making sure you were in full view of Spencer.

So far you’d bought in Vox, Lady Chatterley's Lover, The Tropic of Cancer and you’d finally given in and bought Fifty Shades Of Grey. You weren’t actually reading these books, only taking in small parts of the plot. The man at the bookstore had given you such a curious look when you’d taken the stack of books up to the counter. You’d just grinned at him and shrugged, commenting “My boyfriends out of town.”

Today was no exception and when you strolled up to your desk you saw a large bar of dark chocolate lying in front of your keyboard.

You knew where they were coming from and what he was trying to do. It was a well known fact that chocolate could act as an aphrodisiac. But it wasn’t working on you and you were getting sick of the taste.

You racked your brains trying to recall other aphrodisiacs and then remembered something. You rummaged in your desk draw finding the sachets you’d ordered online last fall and heading over to the communal kitchen area.

Five minutes later you walked back across the bullpen with two cups of coffee, placing one on Reids desk one on your own which was opposite.

“Where’s mine, pretty lady?” Morgan questioned you grinning, knowing you must have done something to the drink to be only offering Spencer one.

“Sorry handsome. I only had two left.” You sat down, drawing your chair close to your desk and logging on. Work had been quiet these last few days, leaving you all to catch up on paperwork and filing.

Spencer looked at it suspiciously. “What have you done to it?”

You too a sip of your own, making sure you left your lipstick mark on the rim.

“Nothing! It’s just a coffee Spencer I swear.”

He nudged it away from him.“I don’t trust you. You’ve probably crushed some viagra up in it or something.”

“Jeez, if you’re that bothered have mine. It’s truly just coffee Spence. Flavoured coffee I ordered last year. And it was expensive so I’d appreciate you not wasting it.” You swapped the mugs over, drinking from his cup so he could see you’d not tampered with it.

You settled down and started clicking through your emails watching him out of the corner of your eye. Eventually he picked the mug up, turning it around so that your lipstick stain was the closest to his mouth rather than away from him.

He saw you looking and smirked slightly as he raised the mug, placing his lips exactly where yours had been.

Nice one Pretty Boy. That was kinda hot. Subtle, but hot.

“Pumpkin. It’s pumpkin flavoured. It smells really strong.” He commented after a few moments.

“See, told you it wasn’t anything nasty.”

You waited until he’d drank nearly the whole mug before sending an email to him. 

“Did you know that the smell of pumpkin can help increase the blood flow to the penis to encourage an erection?

You saw his eyebrows raise and then a reply dropped into your email box a few seconds later.

“Really? Is that all you’ve got today Y/N? It tasted and smelt nice, but I don’t feel the slightest tingle in my shorts at all. I thought you wanted to win this?”

Damn it.

“I do want to win, and I will win. You’re hardly trying either though. Leaving me chocolate is hardly going to break me. As nice as it tastes, it really doesn’t get my juices flowing.”

You cringed at the phrase you’d just used but clicked reply anyway, not being able to think of a substitute. Spencer coughed across the table from you, typing away again.

“And what exactly does get your juices flowing Y/N? Those books you’ve been reading all week? How are you finding the delectable Mr Grey?”

“Pretty boring to be honest. I much preferred James Spader in Secretary. Both him and Maggie definitely would get it if I got the chance."

"Secretary? So is that your secret fantasy. Being bent over a desk and having your bottom spanked? Because if you admit defeat, then Rossis office is free today. I’d be happy to oblige.”

Oh my god.

So far since the rules had changed it had seemed like Spencer was barely even trying to get you to admit defeat. Part of you wondered if his heart was really in it, if he found it too awkward or weird flirting with you or trying to come on to you. Aside from the chocolate, and the way he’d reacted to you on the plane, there’d almost been no indication that he was still playing.

Until now.

“Spencer Reid, I quite happily would have you bend me over a desk and spank my ass, among countless other things. But I will not be asking you to do any of those things to me anytime in the near future. Now if you want to ask me to allow you to do them to me, then we’re talking.”

Peeking over at him you caught him catch his bottom lip between his teeth, slowly releasing it as he typed.

“Shame. I’ve been told I’ve quite the firm hand. I think the red print of it would look quite nice on your buttocks. There’s a few things of mine that would look very nice on you, or in you for that matter.”

Jesus fucking christ.

“Such as?” You were tying to keep a neutral face now, but you could actually feel it flushing.

“My mouth, tongue, fingers….eventually my dick.”

Your breath caught in your throat then and you knew you’d given yourself away. You were trying to think of a witty, sexy reply when another email dropped into your box, the subject READ ME NOW. It was from Aaron Hotchner and Spencer was copied in as well.

“Are you two teenagers? I assume you weren’t aware that certain words flag your emails up to me?

For the love of god get on with your work before I’m forced to discipline you both for the misuse of government property.”

Shit.

An email popped up from Penelope.

“The instant messager function is much better guys. That’s what me and Morgan use. But my my my, Dr Reid. Who knew?”

You stifled the giggle that threatened escape your mouth before standing up and walking over to the water cooler. As you walked passed Reid, he leant out and grabbed your wrist.

“Sure you don’t wanna head to Rossi’s office? Hotch is in meetings this afternoon.”

Lost for words you just shook your hand free and continued walking, heading to Penelopes office instead.
Okay.

Round two to Spencer Reid.