Chapter 4 : Shattered By My Best Friend

Draco's POV She was my best friend

Draco's POV
She was my best friend. Though I love the way she smiles and when she laughs butterflies fill my stomach. We've been friends since before Hogwarts. But she was taken out of Slytherin and placed in Gryffindor. I know my feelings are wrong. She's my best friend I'm not supposed to like her but I think I do. I don't know what to think anymore. I'm only 13 I don't know what love feels like. Or do I?

I pulled out of my thoughts by carter.

"No!" She yelps "please don't"

She was talking in her sleep. I slowly get up and walk over to her.

"Draco" she mumbles my name
"Don't hurt him please" she yelps

She was dreaming about me. Who was trying to hurt me? Was I going to hurt her?, is this the nightmare Potter had mentioned? A million questions flooded my head but carter's yelp of pain brought me back.

Her yelps are heartbreaking. I hate seeing her hurting. I know she felt the same when she first found out my dad beat me with his cane and he had kicked me in the chest. She's my best friend am I supposed to feel this way about her. I know I'm supposed to care about her a lot but it's more than that. I hate seeing her hurt and I'll hurt anyone that tries to hurt her.

Suddenly she bolts up right and let's out a blood curdling scream. I clasp my hands over my ears as she screams. (A/N She screams like Lydia is in this gif)

 (A/N She screams like Lydia is in this gif)

Finally she stops and she gasp for air. She shaking and she's covered in a cold sweat. I slowly remove my hands from my ears and I feel blood drip out of one of my ears. Carter let's out a small cry when she sees the blood.

"Draco! I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean to-to hurt y-you" her stuttering shows she's still afraid.

"I'm alright, what about you?" I ask standing by her bed.

"I'm fine. It was that bloody nightmare again" she says looking away from me.

She Scoots over on the bed and smiles at me. After a few minutes of awkward silence she looks at me like she's confused.