0.6

Ethan Dolan

"Why aren't you playing with it." I said to Ava.

She just sat there and stared at me like I was dumb.

"I don't see how this is supposed to be fun either." I sighed, "When I was a baby, I just sat around and ate stuff while watching power rangers. You like power rangers?"

She babbled something and I nodded, "I'm bored too. But your idiot dad is making us do this."

"Ethan are you talking to her like she understands anything coming out of your mouth?" Jc commented waltzing through the living room.

"Playing duty started 5 minutes ago, and all she's done is stare at me. What kind of a toy even is this? What do you do with it? Shake it? Throw it?" I asked experimenting with it.

"I don't know it was $3." Jc shrugged walking into the kitchen.

"Welp." I said picking her up awkwardly and putting her on the couch, "When in doubt, watch tv."

I sat next to her on the couch and started flipping through channels, "OOOO avengers is on! Jc check it out!"

Ava started fidgeting and grabbing for the remote, "You had your time, its mine now." Jc looked at the tv and his eyes lit up, "Bro, lit." He said sitting on the other side of Ava, "Turn it up."

Ava continued reaching for the remote, "Ava! My time."

--

Grayson Dolan

I expected to hear crying from Ava, or someone running upstairs desperate for help, but nope, it was just silenc-

"AVA!"

I jumped up and rushed downstairs, with Kian running behind me.

"What's going on?!" I yelled looking at Ethan.

"Look!"

"Ohhhh FUCK Ethan." Kian yelled running to grab her, surrounded by broken wine bottles and beer cans."

"Oh fuck Ethan? Oh yea blame the felon, when there's an alcoholic living here!" Ethan protested.

I groaned, "You should've been watching her!"

"You shouldn't have put the drinks so close to baby reach!" Ethan fought back.

"She shouldn't have even been in the fridge Ethan!" Kian yelled, "Now a fucking I don't know how old baby is covered in alcohol instead of baby milk! Why. Weren't you watching her!"

"Look. I'm sorry. She was right here next to me, and I guess I didn't hear her slip away." Ethan defended.

"Yea because fucking avengers is on volume 93! Are you fucking shitting me right now Ethan! Take a little bit of responsibility!" Kian argued.

"Maybe she would've been occupied if she didn't have such a shit toy! Cough cough, Jc's cheap ass!"

"Woah, don't put me in this cat fight." Jc said backing away.

"Ethan, I asked you to do one thing. Just play with her for an hour, entertain her, just for an hour." Grayson said calmly.

"And how do I entertain her? I don't watch cartoons!"

"Well she does! So I suggest you put on Barney or some shit, and you smile through it, because you will not put my baby in danger again, you fucking psychopath." Kian said rushing upstairs to clean her up.

"Such a little bitch." Ethan groaned kicking the couch.

"How Ethan? How is he a little bitch he's just trying to look out for his baby."

"Well he can take hisself and that shit baby elsewhere!" He yelled.

"Chill." Jc said, "It's not that serious man. It's a baby for gods sake."

I nodded in agreement to Jc.

"I didn't sign up to be no damn nanny. I signed up for sleepless nights, getting drunk, high, going to parties, getting laid! Not fighting over who has put that crying machine to sleep." Ethan said angrily.

"Oh go take a bubble bath and shut the hell up."

--

Kian Lawley

"It's okay baby girl." I whispered, "You didn't know any better it was that idiot Ethan's fault." I said finishing buttoning up her onesie.

She squirmed and raised her arms for me to pick her up. I picked her up, and it didn't feel as awkward as usual.

"I think your growing on me kid." I shrugged, continuing to walk downstairs. Grayson saw me coming down, "Everything fixed up?" He asked.

"Yea for now. Where's Ethan?" I said looking around.

"He said he's off duty for the day." Jc said coming from the kitchen.

That fucker!

"Here." I said handing her to Jc, "Just. Feed her, please. And you get lower chances of being spit up on if you feed her fruits."

"Where'd you read that?" Jc laughed.

"Um topparenting.com/newborn."

"Don't. Ever. Answer a question like that again. Please." Jc said feeling embarrassed for me, "Actually I'm just pretend I didn't hear that."

"You asked-"

"It's a rhetorical question." Grayson said patting me on the back, heading upstairs, and Jc heading into the kitchen.

I went to couch and took a deep breath. I couldn't stop thinking about Ethan. Is he ever gonna lighten up? Will he ever just hold her and just pretended that he likes her for 2 minutes? He's one of my closest friends and I've know him for a while, and I know he doesn't like children, but I just want him to do this for me. I know we're not on the greatest terms right now and we haven't been for a long time, but we've always got each other's backs no matter what. He's family.

--

I feel like I'm making them sound like reckless thugs oops