Rules Are Meant To Be Broken

He brushed a strand of my fiery red hair out of my face. His eye gazing into mine

"Juliana for so long I have wanted to say this."

Jake whispered under his breath as he wrapped an arm around lookedinto into his eyes. Like pools of melted chocolate they pulled me in.

"Say what?" I breathed heavily in anticipation.

"I can't control myself around you. I think I'm in love." 

With that he bent my head up to his our lips were seconds from connecting-

"Juliana wake up." 

Eve shook my shoulder gently. I stirred and turned to face her.

"Whaa?"

I mumbled incoherently. Eve laughed. Her laugh was pretty. Like tinkling bells.

"You fell asleep. Jake and the others are looking for you. Victory celebration." 

Eve winked when she spoke the word Jake. I felt my face turn an unnatural shade of red. I wearily pulled myself to my feet and wandered out of the cabin. I sniffed the air. The smelled like they were to the south. I started to run. The trees and scenery were a blur of greens and browns as I dropped to all fours and started to morph. I heard excited yelps and howls as a soundtrack to my running. I picked up my pace. I burst into a clearing filled with the rest of my pack. I changed back to my human state. Jake was being lifted up onto Malcom and Gregorys shoulders. Everyone was chanting and cheering for our fearless leader. He laughed and the moonlight caught him just right. He looked like a Greek god.

"Kid, your all better!" Jake exclaimed. I once again felt my face become red.

"Yep, Eve fixed me up!" I shouted. I pretended to play it cool.

Jake clamored down from my fellow pack members powerful shoulders. He walked up to me. I almost drooled. He was so gorgeous. 

"So that was some fight. Huh?" Jake asked me nonchalantly. 

"Yeah. That bloodsucker gave me a nasty bite." I mumbled.

I lifted up the hem of my shirt revealing a pair of jagged holes with little white scars starting to form near my navel. I immedietly felt embarassed and pulled my shirt back down. Jake winced in empathic pain. He opened his mouth to say something but Maria called him over. Be left me and jogged over to her. She was everything I was not. She was a strong woman, the perfect woman for an alpha. Fit right into the ancient rules. I felt a growl escape my throat. Rules are meant to be broken.