How Stupid Am I?

What was I even thinking ? Jake would never fall for me. No matter what anybody said. Maria wasn't going to let 'her' prince charming go away. Well, not without a fight anyway. How stupid could I get? Jake and I together? That will never happen no matter how hard I'll try. I ran to my favorite spot, the old pine tree. Where I was first discovered. Jake didn't find me, but he's father did. Jake looked so much like he's father it was unbelievable. I sat there, crying for a minute or two. Then, I slapped myself. Why was I crying over for some guy for anyway? My feelings are stronger than I thought.

"Juliana are you okay?" Someone asked.

I heard a familiar voice. I know it wasn't Serena because she also calls me kid. It wasn't Maria, she doesn't give a crap about me. I turned around. It was Eve. I almost didn't recognize her. I guess her appearances change during night. She had white hair instead of blonde. Her blue eyes, changed to green.

"Yeah, I'm fine. How did you find me?" I asked.
"I could hear you weeping." Eve said.
"I cry that loud?" I asked.
"No, I have better hearing than others." She said.
"Oh." I say.

Eve sat down with me.

"What the matter? Did you have a bad night?" Eve asked.
"Yes." I replied.
"Want to talk about it?" She asked.
"Well, I guess. When I arrived, it was to for the Alpha to dance. So Jake chose me, we started to dance. After a while I felt someone trip me. I fell and found out it was-"
"Maria?"
"How did you know?"
"She did the same thing to me, when I was your age."
"How she's my age."
"No she's not. She's not even a werewolf, she's a vampire. But she's a shape-shifter. She can change into anything she wants."
"How do you know?"
"Well, because I'm one too."

My mouth fell open. Eve a vampire? I thought I was dreaming. I rubbed my eyes and realized all of this actually happened. She showed my what she really looked like. Her black curly hair flowed down to her shoulders. Her so called green/blue eyes turned red. The surprising thing is she didn't attack me.

"You aren't going to kill me?" I asked.
"No, I didn't want to become a vampire. I wanted to be helpful. So I came here, Jake's father, took me in. He started to train me. He gave me some medicine so I could be a hybrid. He knew the risks, but he didn't mind having me here. But he died sooner later and then his wife, Abiilina, had Jake. Then a year later you came here." She said.

My mouth was still opened.

"I know Maria. She was my best friend, she was actually really nice. We both came here together. I told her that I was going to become a hybrid. She didn't approve. She wanted to dominate the werewolf world. That's how Jake's father died. She was half way through with her plan, but I told Jake's mother. She cursed Maria. So for as long as she's here, she shall never be able to become a vampire ever again. She wanted revenge. So now she's trying to kill Jake. Now that his mother has pasted. And yet try to dominate again." She said.

"How come you can't stop her?" I asked.

She sighed.

"To make sure that I will keep my promise, Abiilina she cursed me too. So I cannot hurt anybody because I'm a medicine woman. I swore that I will never hurt anybody. That's a warrior's job." Eve said.

"So You want me too, defeat Maria for good?" I asked.

"Yes."
"But I'm only a weakling."
"No you're not. You're the most fiercest warrior I've ever seen battle."
"How am I suppose to warn Jake, when Maria is watching my every move?"
"You'll find out, for I cannot say anymore."
"Ok I'm in!"