Dance

I walk toward my friend Serena. She looks confused.

"Are you jealous of me or something?"

"What?"

"You have that face on that means that you are jealous or upset about something. What is it?" She knows me too well. I look toward the direction of Maria and Jake. When I turn back to her, I see that she is rolling her eyes.

"Oh, your cru---" I cut her off with my hand signal. She grins. "You know that if he is into anyone, it's you, right?" I laugh at her.

"Sure, Serena, sure." I hear someone howl. Not in pain, but in attention-wanting. I look to who it is. Hereslyt. He is one of the oldest in the pack.

"Can I have your attention, please." Everyone starts to hush up. "It is time for our Alpha to dance with the girl of his choice." He motions toward Jake and he grins widely. He scans the crowd, searching for someone. His eyes meet mine.

"Kid! Come on up. You deserve this after that nasty bite from that blood sucker." Serena pushes me foward and this snaps me out of my shock. I try to smile, but it turns into more of a grimace. He takes hold of my left hand first. I see the band start to play a song.

A slow song. I feel my cheeks redden as he pulls me toward him. My head is now resting on his chest and I can hear his heart pounding, unreasonably faster than usual. His hand spins me around. I should feel a hurting pain near my lower stomach, but I don't feel anything besides my hair twirling around me. He moves me back toward him and his hand lands on a soft spot on my back. Why is he so perfect? I barely notice people starting to join us. They enter into the circle formed around me and Jake.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, I feel something trip me. Everything starts to move in slow motion. I feel my hands slip out of Jake's and feel myself falling backwards. My bottom comes crashing to the ground first and then the rest of my body hits the ground. The slow speed starts to go back to normal. I observe everything around me. From the musicians stopping to Jake's surprised look. I lift myself up and look behind me. I see Maria with a cold stare at me, that would seem to anyone else as worried.

"Oh my gosh, are you okay? I didn't see you there." I turn back to Jake and see that he is slowly falling for Maria's cruel little trick. I frown. How could he not see what she is doing? I keep my anger bottled up inside me. I can't let it all out on Jake, he doesn't deserve the words or the embarassment. I bolt past everyone and away from the party.