My best friend dies

When we were setting up the trap, I kept thinking about Jake. What is Maria doing to him? How is he? Is he even alive? I tried to focus more. But he still was on my mind.

"Soon." I thought. " Soon you'll get Jake back and everything could be normal again."

The trap was done. It looked nearly perfect. Jake would be proud.

"All we do is wait." I whispered.

We waited for at least five minutes and then Maria was near the trap.

"Ready...steady..go!" I yelled.

We tangled Maria in a series of ropes and chains. We caught her but not the others. We had a large army of vampiric shapeshifters heading toward us. I swore under my breath. But we were ready. If theirs anything I learned from Jake is that always be prepared. You never know. We charged at them. They were stronger than before and full of color. Wait how did they get like this? One thing came to my mind. Jake. As I kicked vampire butt I tried to look for Jake.

"Looking for someone?" Maria asked.

I turned around and I saw Maria was Jake in his arms. Lifeless. I wanted to cry. He's dead. They fed off of him. I wanted to die now. I had no reason to live anymore. But I couldn't let my friends down. Jake wouldn't accept this. Nor would have Eve. If only she were here now. She'll know what to do. It suddenly got quiet we killed all of them. Wow we're fast.

"Let him go Maria!" Serena demanded.
"Why should listen to a minor like you?" Maria asked.

Serena got really angry. If theirs one thing that ticked her off. Is being called weak or minor somethings like that. She was the total opposite of that. She charged Maria. Big mistake.

"Serena no!!" I shouted.

I tried running after her but it was too late. Serena tried to tackle her and beat her face off. But Maria bit her. Serena quickly turned pale and her eyes rolled to the back of head. She was gone. My best friend just died in front of me. Maria tossed Serena to the side like an old beat-up rag doll. I caught her in my arms and started to cry.

"No." I said all choked up.

First my crush is dead and now my best friend. All in one day. I got real angry. But not an angry like I felt before, a different angry like I wanted to kill everybody and be alone. I felt suicidal. I felt myself changing. My red hair looked like fire and my eyes turned to coal. I've heard this happened before. Only to one person. His name was Dragonmir. The greatest werewolf warrior that ever lived. He had the same changes that I'm going through now. I didn't know it before, but I'm related to him. My anger exploded. This time on to Maria.

"Bloody heII again?" She said.

I ran toward her knocking her over to the ground.