➽SIX

"YOU'RE AN OTHER." BEN BREATHLESSLY spoke. He seemed to be saying it more to himself than to me.

All I could do was nod in response. I waited for him to lash out at me. Blame me for the deaths of his friends and loved ones, or worse, walk away from me.

But he didn't.

Ben Parish looked me in the eyes and slowly wrapped his arms around me. I returned the gesture and we remained this way for a while.

There was something calming about this. And all most instantly, I knew Ben Parish was worth it.

***

In the days following my revelation, we had discovered that Teacup had gone after Ringer. A move I had expected from her, seeing as she was extremely loyal to Ringer.

Ben convinced himself that she had found Ringer, but I though otherwise.

Of course I didn't voice any of this to Ben.

***

Deep inside me I could sense that something was wrong. 

The same feeling I had, right before Felix died.

I had gone out to try and find some food when I suddenly feared for the safety of Ben and the others.

Immediately I broke out into a sprint, disregarding my surroundings. My skin was being torn by branches, but I knew I had to get back to the hotel.

My mind was buzzing and it was almost impossible for me to clearly distinguish where I was. But I had to save Ben.

When I reached the hotel, I frantically began screaming out for Ben, not caring who was around or who would hear me.

That's when I heard it. A single shot, followed by a body dropping to the ground. 

From what I could tell, it was the kind of sound Cassie's gun would make.

I feared the worst.

My heart rate began to speed up. I wanted to get to them as soon as possible but it was as though my feet had decided not to cooperate with me.

Much to my surprise, Cassie had shot Evan Walker.

Evan Walker was in the hotel.

He was alive.

Published: August 14 2016 (aka my Birthday)

Sorry it seems as though the chapters are getting shorter and shorter, I just wanted to introduce Evan to the plot. 

I didn't realise how long it has been since I've updated! Sorry guys :(