01 | jump the fence pretty girls

⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Chapter One
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀ "We're the next Barbies, of course we're doing it. Hurry up slowpokes, I'm already in, don't be such crybabies." Jordyn Jackson snickered as she successful jumped the abandoned carnival fence. Her friends looked up at the wired fence, all of them wanting to back out of the tradition.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀ "I don't think I can do this..." Mackenzie Morales muttered looking up. The fence was wired, but fairly easy to jump over. Tate had always been hesitant of joining The Barbies, but she'd been included on the list. There was no backing out now.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀ The Barbies were formed more than a decade ago by one of the first groups of seniors to attend Hillian Hills Academy. It was a group of girls considered elite, only the best of the best ever got in.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀ The thing about the Barbies was that no one knew exactly who they were. The Barbies were real, they were in charge of hosting the biggest party, but they would never truly make an appearance.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀ Every three years new members were invited into The Barbies. The invitation was sent by mail to each of the seven candidates and then sent a trial they had to complete in order to be a Barbie next school year.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀ It was officially trial day, and this year to be able to join the Barbies the seven candidates had to have a sleepover at the abandoned carnival. No phones aloud.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀ "You'll be popular, you'll be pretty." Brynn Jiln whispered to herself as she began to jump the fence. Brynn was never invited to parties, to hang outs, or to dates. She was the girl everyone tried their best to avoid.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀ "I'm going to be a Barbie," Brynn whispered finally, as she jumped the fence and landed on the other side.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀ Jordyn walked up to her and smirked to her, her Gucci bag never leaving her forearm.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀ "Are we going to be the only two to join the Barbies?" Jordyn mocked as she headed near the fence and looked directly into the girls on the opposite side.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀ "What if we get caught?" Mackenzie whispers as she places her foot on the fence. Mackenzie wasn't really afraid to actually go in the abandoned carnival, she was afraid of someone catching them. Jail time didn't look good in collage applications.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀ "We hide. The place is huge, there must be some hiding places around here." Jordyn answered rolling her eyes, Kenzie had always been a pain in the ass.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀ "Let's just pray no one catches us," Kenzie whispers as she jumps the fence.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀ Only four girls left.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀ "C'mon Chloe, you're a cheerleader no? Jumping over the fence can't be that hard, or are you losing your touch?" Jordyn teased as Chloe Williams, one of the school cheerleaders. Chloe turned to Jordyn and glared at her, not caring about the consequences she climbed the fence and jumped, doing a backflip on her way down.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀ Brynn Rumfallo eagerly clapped at Chloe's entrance but one look from Jordyn made her stop.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀ Chloe then headed toward Jordyn and roughly bumped into her.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀ "At least I know how to make an entrance," Chloe whispered bitterly, making Jordyn's mouth fly open.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀ "Who do you?—" Jordyn began, but a loud you'd interrupted her. Chloe and Jordyn turned around to see Kendall Miller flat on the ground. Kendall had never been the athletic type and being the klutz she is, fell as soon as she reached the other side of the fence.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀ "Are you okay?" Brynn rushed handing Kendall a hand to get up. Kendall looked up and smiled at the blonde, accepting her helping hand.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀ "Thanks..." Kendall answered smiling at the short blonde.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀ "It's Brynn, you're Kendall right, the new girl?"
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀ Kendall nodded, shaking all the dirt off her skirt.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀ Jordyn and Chloe had continued to bicker as Kalani Davis and Maddie Carter on the other side hadn't decided whether or not to jump the fence.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀ "Should we?" Maddie questioned, looking toward Kalani as the both of them looked straight up the fence.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀ "I'd make a huge story for the school newspaper," Kalani whispered making Maddie throw her a sharp look.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀ "You know that the invitation said no pictures!" Maddie scolded her. Kalani shrugged as she turned toward the fence and began to climb.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀ "I don't need pictures to have a good story," Kalani said, then she turned and jumped, making Maddie be the last one to not have jumped.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀ Should she jump?
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀ Was she really going to spend the night at the creepy carnival just for popularity? She placed her foot on the fence and began to climb. Finally sitting down on the top of the wired fence.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀ Jack loved popular girls.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀ Maddie loved Jack.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀ Jack didn't know Maddie.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀ "He loves Barbies." She whispered finally as she jumped.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀ Let the trial begin.
⠀⠀⠀