03 | how many tickets?

⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Chapter Three
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀The girls stood there, utter horror spilled completely upon their faces. For a few seconds, no one said a word. The first one to react was Kendall.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Oh my god! Jordyn!" She screamed as she walked toward the small ticket booth. As soon as Bostyn took a step forward, a small paper flew out from the ticket receiver box.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Bostyn turned to the rest of the girls who all seemed shocked and dead afraid.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"What the hell..." Chloe muttered as she took a step forward to grab the small piece of paper. She gently unfolded it as the rest of the group huddled together to see what the note said.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Letters had been cut out of magazines and been placed to form a phrase of some sort.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Let the trials begin, one down, six more to go. Who'll be next, in the next half hour you'll know." Kendall read aloud, her fingers shaking as she read each word.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Each girl looked at each other, fear and utter shock evident on their expressions. Maddie had already begun to cry, but no one seemed to care. Honestly, down below, they all felt like crying.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀They might have not been Jordyn's closest friends, but Jordyn had just shot herself right in front of them.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀An eternity seems to pass of the girls staring at each other until Kalani took a sniff of the ashy air that had begun to surround them.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Do you guys smell that? It smells just like—" Her eyes widened as she turned to the small ticket booth who seem to have begun to burn down. The six girls all rushed back, their reflexes finally kicking in.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀As Kendall crawled back she, being the klutz she is tripped, falling on her bum. Her eyes grew as she turned around and saw the small shack beginning to burn itself.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Kendall c'mon..." Brynn's raspy voice filled her ears, and she accepted Brynn's hand helping her get up.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Just as the girls got a few feet back the ticket booth blew up, literally. All the girls turned around, shielding themselves from the heat waves that were radiating off the completely burnt ticket booth.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"She's dead." Maddie whimpered as she held onto Kalani who had just finished note taking everything that had just occurred. From Jordyn shooting herself, to the ticket booth suddenly bursting into flames, taking Jordyn down with it.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Kalani simply nodded, not sure on what to answer. Maddie had always been a delicate girl, and Kalani honestly didn't like seeing her cry.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Guys, am I the only one completely freaked that the electricity got turned on?" Kenzie whispered nervously as she took a look around her. It was nerve-racking, horrifying almost on how everything was rolling out. Jordyn Jones had just killed herself, dressed as a freaky welcoming girl.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Guys." Kenzie whispered as she looked at the bulletin board to see that something had been changed. All the girl's attention fell upon her and as they each individually realized what she was talking about, they stood up and headed toward the bulletin board.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Music was still heard all around them and it sounded completely creepy. Maddie was walking right behind Kalani when she muttered, "What language is that?"
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Kalani knew she wasn't asking her, but she still decided to answer.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"I'm almost positive it's French." Maddie nodded silently. Stray tears were still falling from her eyes as they reached the bulletin board and Maddie herself was sure they would not stop.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Chloe had not let go of the note that they had gotten. What the hell did they mean by 'in the next half hour'. Half hour as in, thirty minutes?
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Kenzie was also beside Chloe, her own thoughts focus on the note. They had just been told that they were going or were supposed to die. Did the rest of the girls not understand that? And why the hell wasn't she running away?
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Once near enough to read the bulletin board, each girl stood there horrified at what was in front of them. Below Jordyn's picture, there was a new word, 'suicide'.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"What the hell? Is this some kind of fucking joke?" Chloe cursed as she looked around, someone had obviously been here to place that word, and according to her, they were the only six at the abandoned site.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀The music suddenly stopped, freaking Chloe out, she shrieked and got closer to the group. Then a voice filled the air, someone was speaking through the speakers.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Welcome to the Barbie carnival!" The cheery machine-like voice began, the girls without thinking bundled in together.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Seems like Miss Jones has been eliminated off the list." The voice spoke, the carnival had then become even creepier than it already was.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"This cannot be happening." Brynn whispered to herself.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"The trials have begun, but first we know you all must be hungry. The list on the bulletin board has your food, hurry before it's too late. The last one to reach their food gets rotten eggs! Literally." An eerie giggle then filled the carnival, echoing among the games.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Remember you go alone, loser loses it all." A loud click was heard and Kendall had a slight feeling she knew what would happen next.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Goodie! It's 12:00, midnight! Time for the trials to begin! Remember the last one gets rotten eggs!"
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀The voice then stopped and for a moment, all you could hear were the six girl's breaths.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Then the music began again, each girl turned to each other.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Kenzie nervously took a step forward and sped ahead. The voice's message had been loud and clear.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Last one gets poisoned, and getting poisoned is never good.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀