05 | plan to kill, kill to plan

⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Chapter Five
⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀"We're all gonna die Kenzie! Just give the fuck up, Maddie's picture was posted just before she died, and now she's dead" Chloe whined as she slid down the corner of one of the games they were near.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Shut the fuck up!" Kenzie yelled at her, her nails inching into her scalp while she paced around the group. Chloe and the rest of the girl's eyes widen, Kenzie had never been one to curse, or to even raise her voice.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀It had been twenty-five minutes since Maddie died and the group had already gone back to the bulletin board and found Maddie's picture with the title; "Touching Wolfbane". Neither of them were experts on the subject, but they were sure that whatever killed Maddie was some sort of poison, a touchable one most likely.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Chloe and Kenzie had bickered non-stop as Chloe has just given up, they were all gonna die anyway.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Kalani on the other hand, continued sobbing for the loss of her best friend. Beside her, lay Brynn and Kendall, both of them trying to help the poor girl.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"It's all my fault! Sh-she said that it wasn't safe!" Kalani sobbed, pulling down on Brynn's blouse which was already completely covered in Kalani's tears.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"It's going to be okay Kalani, we'll get through this." Brynn had tried everything to console Kalani, but even she knew they were all doomed. Like the creepy voice had said, "Five more to go."
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Kendall hadn't stopped looking at any of the clocks in the park. If her theory was correct, then the next girl who will be killed would be announced in less than five minutes.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"I have an idea..." Kendall muttered, she eyes glued on one of the electric clocks that were placed in the amusement park. The group all looked up, each of them with hopeful glances. None of them had ever been needed as leaders, and someone had to step up.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Each of the girls who supposedly dies has their picture posted at the half hour of the rest of the hours right?" Kendall mumbled, the soft Californian winds blowing against her. Kenzie nodded while Kendall realized how much her words sounded misplaced, but she was tired and hungry, her brain wasn't at the best place.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Let's see who they plan to kill next then!" Kendall shot up, and pointed at the clock.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"In three minutes, we'll know who the next target will be. We'll all be one step ahead. That way we all take turns protecting each other." Kendall explained while the rest of the girls tried to understand what she was saying.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"I'm in, we're all in this together," Brynn whispers, softly stroking the sides of Kalani's face. Brynn had never been close with anyone, but seeing Kalani suffer so much for Maddie made her, for the first time in her life, kinda thankful she didn't have anyone that close. You can't lose someone you never had in the first place.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"I'm in, you're right. We have to plan this through." Kenzie whispered as she turned around, turning back into that shy girl who secretly had a lot to say.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"In" Kalani hiccuped as she tried to regain posture of herself. She had to get through this, for Maddie.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀The group all turned to Chloe, who seemed to be in her own little fantasy. Chloe instantly felt everyone's eyes burn into hers, but she never made contact.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"I'm in. We're all gonna die anyway." She muttered as she began to stand up, Kendall smiled to herself.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀But maybe. Just maybe, they weren't necessarily going to die soon.