08 | but she stepped in my bullet's way

⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Chapter Eight
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Brynn sobbed next to a dead Kalani.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"You killed her," a voice inside Brynn's head repeated.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"You're a murderer, you don't deserve to live," The voice didn't stop, and I looked like it wasn't going to.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Stop!" Brynn screamed at herself, her head pounding as the voices continued to scream at her.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"You killed Kalani!"
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"You killed someone innocent!"
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"She was much better than you!"
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"She deserved to live!"
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"You've always been a weirdo!"
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Brynn screamed and begged the voices to stop. She couldn't stand them, she wanted them to stop.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"You're wrong!" Brynn screamed back at the voices, who seemed to just repeatedly throw insults at her.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"I'm not a murderer!" Brynn screamed as she roughly pushed Kalani's limp body off of her. Leaving Brynn with a dark red stain covering her entire body.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"I'm not a murderer!" Brynn screamed as she tried to get up, but her vision tricked her, causing her to stumble onto one of the stools.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"I'm not crazy!" Brynn's voice only seemed to get higher and higher.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Brynn continued to scream, her mouth beginning to babble out nonsense.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"I'm not crazy," she whispered to herself.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Isn't that right Brynn?" Brynn asked herself, her tone of voice going a bit deeper, as if she was imitating someone.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"That's right Miss Rumfallo, you aren't crazy," She responded to herself.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"I know I'm not crazy."
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"You aren't crazy Brynn, everyone else is just simply being big meanies."
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"I know Miss Rumfallo, who would think I was crazy!? I'm anything but crazy! I'm the most normal girl ever! Isn't that right Miss Rumfallo?" Brynn desperately asked herself, even though in her mind she was speaking to another version of herself. A version who seemed more mature, polite, elegant even.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"That's correct Brynn, you're perfect. Kalani had probably done bad things before too. She probably needed to be killed. After all, she was the one who got in front of the bullet."
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Yeah, I didn't kill Kalani. Kalani got in my bullet's way."
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Brynn continued to speak to herself, each time a bit louder. That was until, something inside her clicked.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Tate was probably also here.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Brynn slowly stood up, looking at her surrounding. Kenzie's projection was still there, and she looked terrified.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Kenzie was tied up to a chair and her mouth had been duct taped leaving her unable to move or speak.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Brynn could see Kenzie, but Kenzie was unable to see Brynn.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀All Kenzie could see was a white curtain, but she could hear much more.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Kenzie had been awake to hear all of Brynn's voices, she had also heard a gun being shot.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Brynn's insane," Kenzie told herself inside her head.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Brynn's been killing everyone," Kenzie repeated to herself again.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Kenzie? Are you in there?" Brynn whispered as she slowly walked toward the projection.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Kenzie then froze. Brynn was insane. Brynn killed Kalani.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Brynn didn't hear anything so she grabbed the curtain and pulled it to the side. Revealing a terrified Kenzie. Kenzie's eyes grew to the size of saucers once spotting the bloodied up Brynn.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Brynn's eyes were red and puffy as if she'd been crying like a mad woman, even her movements looked rushed.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Kenzie was frozen with fear. Her legs seemed to have turned to jelly and her brain only yelled at her to respond, but how could she?
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Did you see all of that Kenzie?" Brynn asked her, getting closer.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Kenzie rapidly shook her head, her eyes burning with stray tears.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"No, no, no Kenzie, don't cry. Miss Rumfallo doesn't like it when people cry." Brynn explained as she grabbed Kenzie's jaw, forcing Kenzie to look directly into Brynn's eyes.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Kenzie struggled against Brynn's hard hold, but it was no use.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Don't cry Kenzie," Brynn soothed as she tried to wipe the tears off Kenzie's cheeks, but Kenzie moved her head to the side, loosing Brynn's hard hold on her jaw.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Brynn's teeth clenched in together as she took a step back.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"I said to not cry!" Brynn yelled at Kenzie as she headed toward the gun that was laying on the ground.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Kenzie's eyes grew even more as she struggled against the ropes. The pulled her hands to opposite sides, trying to get the ropes to loosen up.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Brynn had already picked up the gun by then, and her target was Kenzie's head.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Brynn walked up to Kenzie and ripped the tape off of her mouth. Kenzie's immediate reaction was to scream and she did, causing Brynn to stumble back. Kenzie wasn't sure what and how exactly the following things happened.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀The ropes in her chair suddenly got loose while Brynn began to convulse on the floor. Kenzie was confused on what exactly was happening but she decided that right now wasn't the time to think about that. Kenzie ran toward the convulsing Brynn and grabbed the loaded gun.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Then Kenzie spotted Kendall kicking Brynn, punching her. Brynn continued to convulse as Kenzie placed the gun in her hands and pointed it directly at Kendall.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"I'm so sorry," Kenzie whispered as she looked directly at Kendall. Kendall's eyes widened and Tate was still not sure where she had come from.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"It's kill, or be killed here," Kenzie whispered one last time as she shot Kendall. She shot her three times, each time flinching at the guns impact.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Kenzie then looked down at Brynn who seemed to have stopped convulsing and now laid lifeless on the ground.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Kenzie closed her eyes and shot her.

⠀⠀⠀"Just to make sure," Kenzie whispered to herself as she softly kicked Brynn's wound.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Kenzie then looked at her surroundings as she took in what had just happened.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀She just killed someone. She had just killed two people.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Kenzie then began to try and control her breathing as she walked away from Brynn's lifeless body. On her way around the room, Kenzie spotted Kalani's dead body. She too, just like Brynn and Kendall had been obviously been shot.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀A mirror was on one of the walls. Kenzie was horrified by her reflection. She was dirty, completely filled with blood and dirt. Her under eye bags were darker than they had ever been before, and her right eye seemed to slightly flinch.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Kenzie decided to look away and turned back to inspecting the room she was in. The clocks were something else she noticed, they were still all set with the time 3:33 AM.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀After a few minutes of looking at the room, Kenzie finally spotted a camera and smirked.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"What the hell do you want now?!" Kenzie yelled looking straight at the camera.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"She's dead," Kenzie yelled pointing toward Kalani.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"And so are they," Kenzie yelled again, but this time she pointed at Brynn and Kendall's lifeless and bloodied bodies.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Now what?!?" Kenzie yelled as tears began to brim her eyes.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Then a loud bang filled the room, and Kenzie was out like a light.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀