09 | how are you not dead?

⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Epilogue
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Darkness was all Kenzie could see. She was obviously sitting down on a couch or a bed, she could feel the warmth of being untied. Kenzie slowly began to regain her energy and finally managed to take the blindfold off her eyes. She was still shocked on how she wasn't tied up or duct taped.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Where was everyone?
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀She then slowly opened her eyes, trying to remember where she was.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Turning around slowly, she found out she was in a hospital room. She looked around and noticed she was hooked up, and that beside her there was a blonde completely fallen asleep.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Suddenly the blonde woke up, she turned around, her perfectly curled locks bouncing around a bit.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"You're finally awake!" Jordyn Jones exclaimed as she stood up and rushed outside to call what Tate thought was a nurse. A nurse rushed in and began to fill out a few papers.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"J-Jordyn?" Kenzie rasped, her voice still weak because of the lack of water. Upon hearing Kenzie's weak vocals the nurse rushed for a glass of water.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Here you go dear. You probably won't be able to talk for the rest of the day so that your vocals get hydrated." The nurse explained as she handed Kenzie a glass of water.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Kenzie slowly nodded, her gaze never leaving Jordyn who just smiled.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀The nurse continued to check Kenzie and then left, leaving a supposedly dead Jordyn and Kenzie alone.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"You-you w-were dead." Kenzie rasped as she pointed at the blonde.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀The blonde let out a giggle and placed her Gucci bag on the couch beside the bed.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Correction, I never died." Jordyn corrected as she headed to the mirror that hung on the wall.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"H-how?" Kenzie rasped again, her voice getting weaker each time.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"How about you let me explain. That poor little voice of yours doesn't seem to be in its best condition." Jordyn answered, as she finished applying another coat of makeup.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"According to the authorities, the seven of us were in a car crash. We were all headed toward a party." Jordyn began as she looked at Kenzie in the eyes.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"You see, we're the seven girls who mysteriously crash and were found almost dead by the old abandoned carnival. Well, dead except for us." Jordyn stopped and giggled a bit to herself.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"But guess what Kenzie, you won! You're a Barbie! I hope you're happy! You after all did put on quite a show back at the Mad House." Jordyn muttered the last part as she smiled up at Kenzie. Kenzie just stared at her, her mind completely confused.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"It-it was re-real?" Kenzie rasped as her heartbeat got a little faster.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Of course it was! Five girls died that night, you killed two of them." Jordyn mocked as she took out her phone and showed Kenzie the bloodied bodies that were found by the accident site. All five girls were there; Brynn, Kalani, Maddie, Chloe, even Kendall.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Kenzie looked around the room and panicked.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"I-I'm going t-t-to jail?" Kenzie rasped.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Jordyn tsked as she placed a finger on Kenzie's dry lips.
⠀⠀⠀
"Only Barbies know the truth."
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"H-how are y-you al-alive? I saw you d-d-die?" Kenzie whispered, now terrified of anyone hearing her.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"I'll tell you a small secret, I've never been a candidate. I've been a Barbie for the last three years."
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Kenzie stared at her in horror.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"I faked my death. Lights, camera, action. I've always wanted to be an actress." Jordyn explained, smiling warmly.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Jordyn looked down at her phone and noticed the time.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"I have to go, but we will definitely talk when you're released from the hospital," Jordyn explained as she grabbed her Gucci bag.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Kenzie was speechless, what could she say?
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Welcome to the Barbies, Kenzie. There's no going back now, you're one of us."
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀[ end ]
⠀⠀⠀