06 | we're all gonna die anyways

⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Chapter Six
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"I'm gonna die? Of course I'm the next one to die..." Brynn mutters as she hits the rusty bulletin board. The girl's had begun their plan immediately after talking. Upon arriving, they found Brynn picture hung there. Below Brynn the phrase, "Multi-personality" was written.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"What does it mean by, "Multi-Personality"?" Kendall whispered to herself as she paced around the group. Before anyone else could say anything else, the three bells echoed.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Lights out girls! See you at the Mad House! It's time for tea!" The creepy voice had returned and this time, it freaked the girls out even more.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Then, in a sudden motion, all power went down, leaving the girls surrounded by complete darkness.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Oh shit." Chloe muttered, then the girls, almost by instinct ran back to each other. Huddling together as if this was their last night, because in retrospect, it might be.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Then, a tiny flame lit up the ground. Tiny and controlled, it flowed it way down the path of string someone had laid out. The small flame seemed to walk and the girls mindlessly followed it.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀The path continued, the small flame never going out but slowly moving forward.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Then it died out, and in front of them, there was the only place which seemed to have electricity.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Welcome to the Mad House..." Kendall read out loud, while each girl separately ran their eyes up and down the creepy house.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀It wasn't so much of a house, more of a mansion. It looked old, maybe twenty or so years old. It was wood on the outside and when Brynn took a step forward, a loud shriek filled the air.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Are we going in?" Brynn asked, she knew she was going to be expected to die in a few minutes, but she didn't care. They were all gonna die sooner or later.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀The girls looked at each other and Brynn shrugged.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"We're all gonna freaking die anyway, isn't that right Chloe?" Brynn asked and Chloe looked up. Chloe looked around frantically. She was going to die. They all were.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Then with so much hesitation they walked in.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀They were, after all, going to die anyway.⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀—
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Anyone here?" Kalani whispered, her heart racing faster than it had ever done before.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Of course there's someone here you idiot, us!" Chloe groaned, still holding on to Brynn.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Welcome," A voice interrupted, this time the cheeky preppy voice was gone, in its place there was an automatic one. The kind you listen to as the voice says each level when you're on an elevator.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"This is the Mad House. We have one rule in the Mad House, follow the instructions. Those who don't follow instructions get punishments. There are some punishments worse than death." The voice stopped for a moment, giving the girls the briefest of seconds to look around. Searching for any types of cameras, there were none.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Now it is time to separate you guys, please step through your own corresponding door. Remember, little girls who don't follow the rules get punishments." Then the floor lit up, each of the girls looked up and found a door with each name on it.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀The girls looked at each other, each one of them fearing the worst, but the voice was right. There are punishments worse than death.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Then, each at their own pace walked into their door, neither of them daring to look around or say a word.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀—
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Chloe wasn't sure how many minutes had passed, maybe hours. All she knew was that the room she was in was more of a small cubicle.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Upon opening the door and stepping in, it had locked behind her, leaving her in an odd and eery hallway another door on the side.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀She had just walked in and opened the second door leaving her in the small and tight cubicle.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Then, three bells rang.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"It's 3:25! Time to play!" The same automatic voice called out, a door opening to Chloe's right.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"What the hell..." Chloe muttered as she took a step inside the other room. It was dark, all except for a spotlight, lighting up a tall tank. But it wasn't a regular tank, it was one of the tallest tanks she'd ever seen. It reminded her of the one Houdini used in one his tricks. The ones where he locked himself in there and managed to escape.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Chloe had never seen one of these in real life, in movies she had, but not in person. It was completely filled and open. On its right, there was a metallic staircase.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Wow..." She whispered to herself as she got closer to the huge well made tank. The bottom of the tank had golden paint and had obviously been hand carved. Chloe had always enjoyed learning and going to museums, but not many people knew. What would people think if they saw the team captain studying in a library?
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀After a few seconds, Chloe reached the metallic staircase. She hesitated whether or not going up, but ended up going up, leaning over the edge. She fell on her knees and slowly began to play with the water.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Then she got pushed, and the tap closed shut.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Chloe had a small space where she could breathe, but beyond that she was drowning. She screamed, she pounded on the glass, but no one came to her rescue. Chloe swam up to the the glass and through her foggy view, she spotted a tall blonde.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Then, she breathed in, making her chances of survival go slim to none.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀It took three minutes for Chloe to drown and die completely.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Chloe's limp body adorned the tank, and the tall blonde smirked.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀The blonde walked over to one of the sides of the room, and turned up to the clock. Her eyes locking with it. It was 3:33 am.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Then she grabbed the huge lever on the wall and pulled it down.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Lights out you little wannabe." The blonde snickered.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Then, all clocks froze.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀It was going to be 3:33 am for the rest of the night.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀It was officially killing hour, for everyone.
⠀⠀