04 | but she didn't drink it

⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Chapter Four
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Run, run, run.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Everyone had taken off running for their lives, only to return all safely with a smoothie. It had taken them all less than fifteen minutes to find their corresponding piece of food, and they were all surprised to receive a smoothie. Each one with a different flavor, but instead of meeting at the bulletin board, they had all received the instructions to meet in front of the slides.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Wasn't someone supposed to get rotten eggs?" Maddie puzzles, her hands trailing the small see-through container.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"I thought so." Chloe whispers, each girl was in their own mentality as they each stared the their container.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"If they told us that the last one would get rotten eggs, meaning like poisoning that means—" Kenzie began but Kalani interrupted her thoughts.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"One of the smoothies is lethal," Kalani concludes, each girl staring right at her.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"No shit Sherlock." Chloe deadpans, but everyone knew that deep down she was just as scared as the rest of them.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"What if I don't want to drink it?" Chloe begins, her voice getting higher near the end.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"I don't think that's an option—" Brynn begins, trying to explain that not drinking it would probably not be an option.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"It damn right is an option!" Chloe's small tantrum was interrupted by a loud shriek coming from the speakers.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Then the music stopped and three bells were rung.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Time to eat girls! Who knows when you'll get your next meal!" The cheery voice they had heard earlier began and the girls all huddled together.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"We should drink it," Kendall whispered as she looked down with complete agony at
the rest of the group. Then three bells rang again, and slowly the music started up again.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Are you insane?!" Chloe yelled at her, shaking her head at a rate which looked violent.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"If I die, I die." Brynn suddenly interrupted as she took a drink of the smoothie surprising everyone.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀They all stares at her in utter horror, but she wasn't the one who began screaming for help.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀The girl yelled, shrieked for her life as she felt poison reach her body and mind. She felt as if she was melting, and there was no way out.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀The rest of the girls watched in horror. Kendall tried to get near her, but she let out another scream.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Make it stop! Make it stop! Please, someone help me!" She screamed as she dropped to the group, her hands pushing into the sides of her head. She looked around desperately in search of something cold, water even.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀But it was like she was in the desert and she was slowly melting away. Her vision became completely blurry, and the heat just intensified every passing minute.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀The rest of the group tried to reach forward, to find a way to help her. But she yelled again, stumbling on her own foot. She tried to stand up, but gave up at the heat around her intensified. Her body was already covered in sweat.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀The rest of the group tried to get near her, but she stumbled back and dragged herself, for now, all she could see was blur and dark shadows.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Make it stop!" She continued to scream.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Kalani ran toward her, only slightly touching her skin, but it was enough to feel the heat she was releasing.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Then she began to have seizures, and the rest of the group couldn't do anything to help her.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Tears stained Kalani's eyes as she watched the poor girl on the verge of death.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Make it stop!" Maddie muttered a bit softly, her energy had been drained, and the seizures had slowly stopped, and just like that, Maddie fell unconscious.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀The group rushed to her side, but it was too late.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Kenzie bent down to try and look for a pulse or any sign of life, but there was none.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"She's dead," Kenzie whispered, as Kalani beside her began to sob.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"She can't be dead!" Kalani sobbed, but there was nothing they could do about it.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Then three bells were heard, and the cheery voice returned.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Two down, five more to go!"
⠀⠀⠀