07 | welcome to the mad house

⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Chapter Seven
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Brynn wasn't sure how she ended up tied to a chair, or why she was sitting in a room surrounded by clocks, but what scared and confused her the most was the time. Every clock in the room was frozen with the time 3:33 am.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"I'm gonna die," Brynn whispered to herself, her vision recovering. She had been knocked out. She was sure of that, but how much time had passed since she woke up, and why wasn't she dead then.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Suddenly, every clocked set their alarm off. Alarms of all shapes and sizes released their one of a kind alarms.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Brynn flinched each time a new clock sound joined the choir.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Then, they stopped.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Not slowly, but all at once.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Time to play a game..." The automatic voice began, Brynn's rope slowly getting looser.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Welcome to the Mad House, it's time to choose."
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀A large spotlight suddenly lit the dark room. Making a gun stand out from the dark ground.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"You have fifteen seconds, make your choice." Then the voice died down, and Brynn was left alone with her thoughts once again.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀She knew she was going to play a game, but she wasn't sure which one.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Then she felt a shock. Instant, but very painful.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Save someone, save your pick, one of the dies, while the other lives." The preppy voice from before had returned, and it had begun to sing.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Brynn finally understood as a projection of Kenzie and Kalani appeared in front of her.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Shoot your choice!" The preppy voice teased, as Brynn struggled to get out of the ropes she was tied in.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Fifteen seconds passed, Brynn didn't manage to escape the chair.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Electricity ran through her body, painfully reaching every inch of her.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Hurts to not shoot, doesn't it? Shoot your choice!" The voice taunted again, but this time, Brynn had already begun crying.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Please stop!" She begged as the electric shocks coursed through her body.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"I'm begging you! Please stop! I'm gonna die!" Brynn begged her body on the verge of beginning to convulse.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀No answer.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀She then realized what she had to do. She had to kill someone's projection, she was going to choose who died next. If she didn't do it fast, she was going to die. It was their life against hers.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Brynn struggled against the ropes, the shocks never stopping. Finally, the ropes loosened enough for her to let her hand go free. Without hesitation, she grabbed the gun, closed her eyes, and pushed the trigger.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Someone screamed.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀The projection screen gained a dark red stain.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀When Brynn opened her eyes, she knew she had shot something more than just a projection screen.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Brynn stood up and walked in closer, her theory was correct, she had just shot someone.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀She had just killed Kalani.
⠀⠀⠀