5) Yoda

I looked up and allowed the last of the tides flow from my eyes while I just laid there giggling. My friends looked at me with wild, frenzied eyes and I could tell that they were struggling to figure out whether or not to put me in a straight jacket.

"It seems like I have a guy to meet tonight....alone." I finally sat up to address my friends and their wary eyes. Karie and Nikki sat watching me while I blotted the tears from my puffy, tear stained cheeks.

"But you just got here!" Karie said while folding her arms, a frown plastered across her flawless face.

"Yes, she did K but she needs to face her demons with Nolee alone." Nikki smiled at me reassuring me it seemed that everything was going to be ok in just a little while. Her smile faded a little too fast and I knew that she was disappointed that our day together had come to an abrupt end. I owed them big time for letting me skip out on them for a boy (Kai Lakin for that matter), but I had to face him.

I stood cautiously lacking balance from my blurring vision and grabbed my bag from Nikki's bed. I looked like an awful train-wreck which is exactly how I felt, I wasn't hiding it from him either I wanted him to see the disaster that was a result of his pigheadedness.

"Please tell me you're going to change first A!" Karie's voice sounded shocked and ashamed. If I didn't feel like a train-wreck before I felt like an even worse one now!

"Well not when you ask me like that Kar, I just want to meet him and get this over with!" My mood went farther down and I felt myself going to that place, "I have nothing to prove to him, I will call you guys later tonight ok?" I turned on my heels and walked quickly out of Nikki's room before they noticed my emotional descend.

I made the trip down the stairs in a blur and before I knew it I was back out into the rain, but it had let up to a drizzle. I put my hood on and looked up to the sky letting my arms stretch to the heavens, I let out a scream. I felt cleansed and I knew I had to face him like this.

I climbed into Daisy and sat for a minute with my head in my hands, I felt my phone buzz from my hoodie and picked it up.

KP: I saw that, check yourself and just breathe...u will b fine xoxo

Niks: Stay cool kid, he's just a boy!

My smile returned because I knew that their concern was genuine and that I had somebody on my side. I cranked up Daisy and she came to life under me and I felt safe and ready to face him, I took a deep breath and pulled out of Halfgrove with Demi Lovato blaring from my speakers.

"Made in the USA" blasted and I felt in charge driving to the Honeycott Caves on the ocean front side of town. There was something about driving in this town that made everything better, the winding roads matched with the scent of salty waters gave me that reassurance.

The caves were sort of a rite of passage for all the teenagers in our quaint little town. When we turned thirteen the senior class hosted a bonfire there to welcome us to our teen years. Here in Honeycott, our first bonfire was our coming up celebration... the hangover our caves initiation.

I rolled slowly into my usual spot beside the surf board rack and reached into my bag for my phone. I sat inside for a while until I looked over and saw a long board that stood in its regular spot shining in all its tie-dyed glory. He was here, offering peace. I didn't realize that I was smiling until I looked down at my cell phone and saw that I had a new text message.

Hawaii: West caves, near the cliffs bring my board plz?

The rain has stopped completely leaving the sky with an eerie overcastted gloom. The breeze picked up the remaining moisture pushing it throughout the air, making a chill pass through the waves. I smirked in triumph glad that I didn't change out of this hoodie because of Karie.