Chapter 5

My first thought was to run.

Turning, I came face to face with a  white tiger. A magnificent white tiger that looked immensely hungry. I was cornered with nowhere to go but up. I flicked my hands and hoped to fly but nothing happened.

I'm in deep trouble.

The tiger chose this moment to charge at me and I closes my eyes, bracing myself for the impact. Savouring every moment of my short life. After about a minute that had seemed like eternity to me, I opened my eyes as I had felt nothing.

Yes, you heard me. Nothing at all.

I turned, shocked, and saw that the tiger was chasing the figures away. I then heard a voice above me.

"Young One, I am here. I am Oldie and I have gained permission from The Council to allow you to see my true form."

I looked up, and saw a old man, probably aged around 70-80 years old. His hair was white, and he was stroking a long beard thoughtfully.He had midnight blue eyes, and was kinda fair.

"I see, The One with The Gift is confirmed. It IS you. Only The One with The Gift could have done that. No one evades the path of Sapphire except The One with The Gift."

The moment Oldie uttered "Sapphire", the white tiger that I saw came running towards him. Oldie drifted back to the ground, and gently ruffled Sapphire's head. Sapphire purred in delight.

"Young One, this is Sapphire. She is your Guardian Animal and you just need to stroke a sapphire and mutter her name to summon her. However, only do so when it is absolutely necessary." The Oldie said as he handed me a twinkling blue stone about half the size of my palm. I gasped in wonder.

It was beautiful.

"Wh-What? How did you get such a stone? And how did Sapphire get to the other side? I was in its way..." I asked Oldie.

"Young One, you are simply non-existent over here. You are nothing. No one can see you except myself and Sapphire. As for the first question..." Oldie shrugged. "It's your family heirloom I guess. Take good care of it."

I nodded.

"Young One, bit by bit in your dreams, I am going to reveal your history. It's going to be confusing, frightening, and maybe even dangerous as problems might occour in memory-rewinding. I need you, The One with The Gift, to be agreeable to endangering your life. I may not be able to stop in the middle of memory-rewind." Oldie continued. "If you aren't agreeable, there goes the fate of the world. The Dark Power is rising, and you need to stop them before it gets too late."

Solemnly, I agreed to participate in memory-rewind.

Oldie was pleased.

A/N: Longer chapters :)