Chapter 13

A/N: I'm so sorry for the long wait! Thanks to support, I decided to upload this earlier :) THANK YOU PEOPLE READING THIS!! 2K reads is a HUGE milestone :)

I strolled into classroom 1A, hoping to see a nice teacher, neat classroom, etc.

Just my luck.

I got Jacqueline and her clique.

For some weird reason, Jacqueline and her clique ALWAYS ALWAYS WITHOUT FAIL got into the exact same classes with all the nice teachers.

Well, at least that meant I either got an awesome kind teacher or a teacher that had accomplished whatever there was to accomplish in the world.

I really hoped it would be the former so that teachers wouldn't pick on me too.

Oh how I hated Jacqueline.

At this moment, the form teacher strolled into class. She was of an average height and had friendly eyes that literally twinkled with happiness. Just looking at her would make the corners of your mouth twitch into a smile.

"Welcome to Emerald Leaves class! I'm Miss Black! I'm your English teacher. As today is your first day here at Emerald Leaves, I'm gonna allow you to play some icebreakers!"

I groaned inwardly.

"So, yeah, you shall write your name on a piece of paper, drop it into this little box here, and we'll pick out one slip of paper each. This will determine your permanent seating position for the rest of the year. That person will also be your partner and you will be paired with that person for whatever activities that I'm going to plan for you."

I scribbled my name down on a tattered piece of blank paper, not bothering to decorate it like the clique with little hearts and whatnot.

After 15 minutes (yep the clique took THAT long to write their names), the name-picking finally started.

"And... next one up shall be... Hmm, lets see... YOU! Yes what's your name? Oh hi James!" Miss Black was a little over-enthusiastic.

And that guy walked up to the box, put his hand in, and drew out a piece of paper.

"James shall be sitting with Caroline then!"

Caroline, one of members of the clique, sulked. "Miss Black, why can't I sit with Jacqueline instead?"

Miss Black only smiled in reply.

I was the next one up and as I tentatively put my hand into that box and took a little yellow slip of paper out...

I fervently willed the paper to be containing anyone's name except Jacqueline.

Not daring to look at the paper, I handed the paper to Miss Black.

"Well well, Ariel here will be sitting with...