Chapter 14

...Jacqueline! I'm sure you'll learn a lot from each other!"

The feeling in my heart right now could be described as pure hate.

WHY OH WHY WAS I SO UNLUCKY.

Surprisingly, Jacqueline was not scowling. She asked Miss Black sweetly, "Could I change places and sit with Caroline?"

Miss Black shook her head.

Jacqueline's eyes turned dark. She glared at Miss Black and muttered something under her breath.

Miss Black had obviously seen her little act of defiance and asked Jacqueline, "Do you have anything that you would like to say?"

"No."

"So moving on... Lets get settled into our new seating positions."

To my horror..

I was put right in front of the teacher, beside Jacqueline. What made it all so much worse was the fact that I was to sit with her FOR THE REST OF THE SCHOOL YEAR.

Sad life.

Luckily, the school bell rang and I finally got dismissed from school.

The sheer relief that I felt was indescribable.

I went home, tired as I had woken up earlier this morning.

As I walked down the path back home, I could have sworn that Oldie was behind me, whispering, "It's okay, Ariel, it's okay. Everything will be alright."

I must have been hallucinating.

Rubbing my temples, I decided to go take a nap, partly because I was tired but mostly because I wanted to find out the next piece of the complicated puzzle of my life, my history...

Myself.

Author's Note: Okay that freaky presentation is over. I'm writing :) YAY