e l e v e n

I didn't tell Dean about Chloe Richards. I didn't want to. I never really planned on seeing her again, ever. I didn't think it'd hurt Dean, because I didn't think he had feelings for me as strong as mine were. It broke my heart, but I didn't want to scare him away. Too make less fuss for me, and make myself less tempted to kiss him all the time, I reasoned with him about football.

"Dean, try out for football." I said the minute he had gotten in the car that afternoon. He sighed and tossed his bag in the seat behind him, "If that's your way of convincing me to try out, it's not very good." I decided to play with his emotions a little, so I glanced around me, the lot was completely empty.

I leaned in and let my hot breath tickle his neck, "Try out for football, Dean.." I breathed. I heard his intake of breath, and then the slow outtake as he tried to even his breathing.

"I was right, you are an awful tease. The ladies must love you." I shivered, thinking about Chloe. I didn't want to think about her, so I focused back on Dean, "Please?" I whispered against his neck, and then pulled back to see his face.

He sighed again, "I'll think about it!" I smiled widely, but he pointed a finger at me, "Don't get your hopes up!" He warned, but my smile stayed put.

He would try out, I know he would. I only have 3 more weeks to convince him.

***

I dropped Dean off at the park, and he watched me pull away. The minute I was away from the park, I sped up towards the bigger part of town, the city hall and the banks. Pulling over into a side street, I stopped in front of a large building. Its white bricks gleaming in the afternoon sun, its bright windows sparkled against the roads.

I took a deep breath, then got out of my car, locking it as I walked. The large letters at the top read, 'CITY HALL'. There had to be something I could go off of in here...

I pushed open the large door, a man in a dark grey suit walked passed me. He didn't even give me an eye for an eye. A teenager walking through these doors wasn't common, but it wasn't noticed when it did happen.

I walked through the large foyer, my feet clicked on the tile loudly. The man at the front desk beamed at me, way too happy to be sitting there.

"Hello there, sir, what can I do for you today?" Even his voice make me sick.

"I'm looking for Archives, or maybe a birth certificate, an address, phone number, parents number, of a girl named Charlie Gates." I leaned down towards the man, scared of anyone overhearing.

"We don't give away that type of information. Sorry, have a nice day." The man continued beaming as he looked back down towards his computer screen.

I cleared my throat, and the man looked back up towards me, "Hello, what-"

"Save it," I stated, "I really need this information, someone looking for a lost sister, please. It's important." I begged. His smile faltered, and he looked around him.

"Look, kid. My job depends on my family, so although you seem like a nice kid, and I know you're desperate, I can't do a thing for you, all I'm saying is, the bathroom is over there." He pointed down a narrow hallway.

My eyes screwed up in confusion, did I hear him correctly?

Why was he telling me where the bathroom was, when I clearly didn't ask? I nodded my thanks, and headed down the hallway to my right.

It got darker as I went, and I finally came to a door at the end of the hallway, it large white letters it read, "Archives".

I gasped, the man was giving me a hint, not telling me to go to the bathroom! I glanced around me, no bathroom in sight.