Chapter 5

Jessie's POV

I had just finished washing the dishes when my dad walked into the room. It had been a very quiet day today. For some reason Aaron had not been in school today. I had asked Everett and Finn where he was but Finn wouldn't say. Everett was just his quiet self like always. I wouldn't say I was worried, but to tell you the truth I was.

''So did you think I wouldn't find out?'' I froze as I heard my dad speak. Turning around to face him I tried to act natural. Did he know? How could he have found out?

''Uh what are you t-talking about?'' He look at me with an emotion that was unknown. I couldn't tell if he was angry or just pulling my leg. That made we even more wary.

''You know exactly what I'm talking about, don't act dumb, I saw you!'' He had began shouting and I could now see the anger on his face and seeping though his words. I could feel my breath get heavier and my palms begin to sweat. This was it and I was caught. My eyes searched frantically around to look for an escape. I couldn't go through the door because he was blocking the door.

Before I was aware, he had garbbed my upper arm and flung me across the room to the floor. I found feel my head pounding after it hit the ground. I groaned as I felt him grab my hair and pull me to my feet. With barely enough time to open my eyes, his fist began to assualt my face.

''You fucking slut, I told you not to fuck anyone'' I could feel the tears streaming down my face.

''i didn't do anything I-i swear!" I cried. I could feel my nose crack where he punch me and I screamed out in pain once again. "Please stop, please!" By now I could feel myself getting tired and I knew it was now or never. I had to find a way out. I built up enough strength to push him off. He feel against the ground and I made a run for it. Bursting out of the front door I started to run. I could hear his shouting getting closer to me and I felt my self hitting the ground.

"You thought you could get away, ha"! His hands found there way around my neck and began to squeeze cutting off my air supply. My eyes began to water as he squeezed tighter and tighter. I was struggling kicking my legs and I tried to pull his arms from around my neck. I could see the rage in his eyes. Panic set in as black spots began to set into my vision. As a last try of hope I brought my knee up and kneed him in his groin. His grip loosened and I took that as a chance to escape. Pushing him off me I leaped to my feet and I ran. Chest hurting and face aching I didn't look back and I didn't stop. I didn't know where I was going I just knew I had to get away. I had no idea where I was going until I found myself standing In front of a apartment building. As I was running it had began to ran and now I was completely soaked. Should I have really come here?

Leaving those thoughts behind I walked into the building before I could change my mind. The elevator made a 'ding' noise and it opened. Stepping into the elevator I pressed floor seven. I don't know why but I was nervous. why had I come here? What did I expect? I don't know, for Aaron to except me with opened arm. that thought came out more like a question and at that moment I really wished I hadn't come here. No doubt he would ask question and I'd eventually crack and answer them.

As the elevator opened I went straight toward his apartment. As I approached his door the number 731 greeted me. I could hear the TV on I hesitated before I knocked. Before he could open the door I pulled up my hood so he wouldn't immediately see my face. The smell of rain and smoke met my nose as he opened the door. I glanced at him carefully. He was shirtless with sweats on with his luxuriant hair all over the place.

"Jessie, uh what arm you doing here?" he said while he scratched his neck.

"Can I just come in?" I think he was a little taken back with my bluntness.