Chapter 12

Jessie's POV

I closed my book as someone pulled out the seat in front of me. It was my third period and I decided to study a little. Ever since Ms. Buler called me out in class I figured a little studying wouldn't hurt. Looking up I spotted blonde hair. His smile brighten up as he noticed my stare. I couldn't help the smile that broke out.

"What, do I have something on my face?" I rubbed my face and came up with nothing.

He laughed. "No" His face grew serious. "Do you not like my company?"

Rolling my eyes I slapped him on the shoulder. "Skyland, Don't be stupid."

He faked hurt and held a hand to him heart.

"You wound me."

I sighed.

"What do you want?"

He shrugged. "Can't I just want to hang out with my new friend."

"Be serious."

"Okay okay, to be honest I needed somewhere to go so I could skip third." I crossed my arms. I recalled not sitting with Skyland and his friends today. Aaron went all protective on me. Long story short I had to watch Biannca grind and grope Aaron. Not to mention I had to stop myself from throwing up on several occasions.

"Oh yeah sorry I didn't sit with you at lunch, you know how Aaron is".

He grimaced at the mention of Aaron. "No I don't know how he is. Frankly I just don't get it, he's not your boyfriend. Why do you bend at his command?"

"Aaron's done some nice stuff for me, he's just over protective."

He threw his hands up. "Whatever you say Princess." He smirked, but that smirk was quickly wiped from his face as I kicked him in the knee.

"Do us both a favor and never call me princess again". I smiled sweetly at him as he rubbed his knee.

"Woah there's a tiger behind that cat, remind me to never give you any pet names again."

I rolled my eyes and opened my book, determined to get in some studying. I peered up and caught him smiling down at me. I brought the book up to hide him from view. I couldn't concentrate and found my mind wondering back to my conversation with Adrian. What did he mean wealth. Skyland didn't appear wealthy and he definitely didn't act like it. I wonder who his mother is.

"Skyland" He looked up at me. "Adrian mentioned something to me yesterday."

"Yes?"

"Well he sai-" The bell rung and before I could ask Skyland was out of his seat.

"Sorry Jess gotta run, ask me later." He grabbed his sports bag and threw it over his shoulder. I sighed as I watched him exit the library. Because I had gotten most of my credits, I had no fourth period. I grabbed my books and and walked out of the school library to Aaron's car. He was already there, waiting for me. I managed to hurl myself into the truck by myself. Aaron joined beside me.

"So what's up with you and Skyland?" He asked nonchalantly.

I glanced over at him. "What do you mean?"

"Do you like him?" I noticed the way his eyes darkened with his dislike for Skyland.

Caught off guard by his bluntness I didn't answer right away.

"I don't know." I fished for a reaction. "Maybe."

His body grew ridged. "Well be careful around him, I don't want you getting hurt."