4: Olympus Mons

Throttle's shift had ended. He signed out of his security station, and went down to the garage.

Manuel and Carbine were waiting right next to the Diablo. They were talking about something when Throttle walked up.

"...Oh, I wouldn't worry about the Plutarkian or Catatonian losers who are entering the competition. They can act tough all they want, but consistent records show that they both drive like crap." Carbine said.

"Good to hear." Manuel said. He then noticed Throttle. "Oh, hey Throttle. Any trouble on your shift?"

"Besides the usual? Nope." Throttle replied.

"Alright then, hero." Carbine said, giving him a pat on the back. "Manuel told me you were going to show him around. Figured I could tag along, show him a few places you might have forgotten?"

"Oh! Uh, okay." Throttle said. "No problem."

"Well, let's get in the car." Manuel said. "It would make more sense than taking out the bikes. Save some gasoline, you know..."

"It's no big deal." Throttle said. "I haven't rode for a few days. Don't like my bike gathering dust. Besides, I have something planned."

"...Oh. Okay then." Manuel unlocked the Diablo and got in while Carbine and Throttle got their bikes ready. Manuel then started up the car. He drove up to the garage bay door. Carbine signaled the operator, who opened the door. Then, they were off, cruising on the fresh tarmac roads of the new Mars.

"So, Throttle, where are we going?" Manuel asked over the radio.

Throttle's answer was enough to fill Manuel with anticipation, and even a bit of adrenaline.

"Olympus Mons. The best and most challenging pass on mars."

# # # # #

Olympus Mons

Some time later...

Manuel looked at the view from Olympus Mons. Even though they weren't able to go all the way to the top, the view was incredible.

"Wow! You can see Brimstone from here!" Manuel exclaimed. The only other comparable view he could remember was from Bogus Basin!

"Yeah, it is something, isn't it?" Throttle said. "I used to run the uphill and downhill here all the time on my bike before I joined the Freedom Fighters. It's an awesome pass to run on, up or down."

"Yeah, I can see why." Manuel said. "It's an exhilarating road, almost like someone took Bogus Basin and Akina and threw them both in a blender! This is like no road I've ever driven on!"

At that moment, they heard engines. Manuel looked over his shoulder and saw two cars. One had a similar look to a Mitsubishi Eclipse. The other looked similar a recent Pontiac GTO. They were accompanied by four motorcycles, with Martian Mice as riders.

Manuel smelled a challenge coming.